TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: PlunderHere and AlsoShop: A Web of Privacy Violations, Backstabbing, and Deceit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone notice that 40% of PH's listings are in the "Imported Items" category? That means in 5 months since the script change, there have been sellers of over 40K listings (75% of the listings at the time of the server move) left and didn't feel the need to change them. But, it's keeping them high on the PSU auction site count!  Happy001

And with the recent update to the auction site count, one site is mysteriously missing... aSs.    Crybaby2
Quote:And with the recent update to the auction site count, one site is mysteriously missing... aSs.

Maybe they're missing because PSU decided to impose a minimum monthly GMV for inclusion on the chart.  ;D  According to the pitiful stats on ASs, my gross since December 1st is more than ASs has grossed in 8 1/2 months. 
Quote:Can't get on to Plunderhere site    #1  Back to top
Could anyone tell me if the site is having problems. I have not been able to access the site for days. I had a sale and after I sent an invoice the next day I went to log in and could not get on.
Quote:I have been trying for at least 3 days now, even tried on different computers but I get the same message

The site's 404 error page is returned for every page on the site including OMFG the forum.

http://powersellersunite.com/post-247848.html#247848

The site's listing count on PSU's chart hasn't  updated since "March 24, 2009 4:16 pm".
PH's WHOIS is no longer private which would be a small positive if Marktard hadn't accidently deleted the site. :Smile
According to the PH Faithful...
"Yes- They are doing maintenance  and redoing the site.
Apparently is taking longer than they  expected to take"

My bet is that it will be at least April 3.
I guess those sellers will have to find somewhere else to make their $18/month.
Plunderhere admin Stormy Wrote:Hello everyone. Thought I would try and let everyone know what has happened to PlunderHere. As for the site it is fine but there is a broken external link on site that won't allow the site to be seen. I am sorry that no one has posted anything as to what did happen with the site. We are trying to correct this problem as this is being typed and this was not any planned maintenance but a problem that developed. Everything on the site itself is still in order and we will get the site back up asap. Thanks for your concern in this matter and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

WTF does an external link have to do with every page on the site (both the PHPProBid auction script and the VBulletin forum script) throwing 404 page not found errors?  Confusedtolensmiley:

Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=9139.msg74200#msg74200 date=1238362797]

WTF does an external link have to do with every page on the site (both the PHPProBid auction script and the VBulletin forum script) throwing 404 page not found errors?  Confusedtolensmiley:

[/quote]

Maybe it's a broken link between Marktard's bank account and his Hosting service's billing department. [Image: notme.gif]

5 full days where they can't fix a freakin' link so sellers of fake handbags and Nazi Memorabilia can sell to their 2 customers a month.
This sums it up nicely:
Quote:Karma had reared it's ugly head at Plunder Here.  Cheers to the owner who needs a lesson in Business Law.
http://powersellersunite.com/about26069-...tml#248170  Happy001
Quote:Update From Plunderhere Admin

The site is under repair - due to a technical error. We are working to get the site back up asap. When back up site fees will be removed for at least 3 months time.

Get ready to start relisting folks.  Icon_thumright
I don't know of any rinky dink sites that removed all fees for 3 months for an outage. This is gonna be good.

This is precisely why no one should ever place their business in the hands of a bunch of complete amateur site admins who have never tried to run a successful online business. Looking through the list of replies on PSU from Plunder members, many seem to have a store not only with PH, but on other rinky dinks including Atomic Mall, Blujay, and Auctionquests, all of which have had issues in the very recent past. But, all of these hiccups and still no site of their own listed in their signature? Even if you don't know jack about coding a site, at least you can know what happened when you screw your own site up and get it fixed. When it is someone living in another country, owned by a company based in a totally different country, and managed by mods and programmers in at least 3 states from yet a 3rd country, what do you expect?
Quote:a bunch of complete amateur site admins

It takes me 3-4 hours to build a Linux dedicated server from scratch: install Apache/PHP/MySQL/PostGreSQL/eAccelerator/Webmin, install Apache and Perl modules, optimize the Apache/PHP/MYSQL config files, etc., and yet this is day 7 of Plunderhere trying to fix an "external link"...and they have CPanel (Puke) to do most of the work for them.  Imagine what would happen if any of these PHPProBid site owners/idiots ever had to SSH into their servers and actually use the command line to fix a problem.  EDIT: 7 days of downtime is what would happen.  Confusedtolensmiley:

Putting a dedicated server in the hands of someone like Marktard and his "tech team" who doesn't know the first thing about Linux is a disaster waiting to happen when a problem occurs that can't be fixed by pushing a few buttons in CPanel.  :Smile