TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: PlunderHere and AlsoShop: A Web of Privacy Violations, Backstabbing, and Deceit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sellers beware. It seems you are not only dealing with people who could give a damn if you make a dime, but people who are liars and scum in addition to their carelessness and lack of concern for their customers.
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=9139.msg72486#msg72486 date=1221701392]
Sellers beware. It seems you are not only dealing with people who could give a damn if you make a dime, but people who are liars and scum in addition to their carelessness and lack of concern for their customers.
[/quote]

When dealing with AlsoShop you are also dealing with an auction site whose tech "employee" , in a very unprofessional post on Alsoshop's forums yesterday, openly threatened people who have criticized the site and vowed to share their personal information with others - a clear violation of the site's privacy policy.  AlsoShop's tech "employee" also made various threats and untrue libelous comments about a critic of the site on Alsoshop's forum yesterday on a thread in which Alsoshop's "owner" was also participating. 

You are also dealing with a site that allows sock puppets to register as users and impersonate  sellers who have criticized AlsoShop--i.e. you are dealing with a site that ignores identity theft crimes and whose tech "employee" openly threatens identity theft victims and critics of the site for complaining about their identities being stolen.

Compare Alsoshop's method of dealing with critics with the way legitimate multi-seller ecommerce venues like Amazon, eBay, Etsy, etc deal with critics and it becomes clear that Alsoshop is an auction site that should be avoided at all costs.

Alsoshop's questionable, and very unprofessional,  way of doing business doesn't end with its lax attitude towards identity theft and privacy violations however.

You are also dealing with a site whose owner, judging by her listings on the site, apparently mistakenly thinks her state's sales and use tax (sales tax collection) requirements don't apply to her online sales. You are also dealing with a site which claims to be owned by an LLC on its WHOIS records yet there is no record on any state's books of the LLC ever existing.

In short, you are dealing with a site which is run in a very unprofessional manner -- a site whose ownership and "employees" have very questionable business ethics.

[quote author=amy link=topic=9139.msg72492#msg72492 date=1221748707]
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=9139.msg72486#msg72486 date=1221701392]
[/quote]

When dealing with AlsoShop you are also dealing with an auction site whose tech "employee" , in a very unprofessional post on Alsoshop's forums yesterday, openly threatened people who have criticized the site and vowed to share their personal information with others - a clear violation of the site's privacy policy.  AlsoShop's tech "employee" also made various threats and untrue libelous comments about a critic of the site on Alsoshop's forum yesterday on a thread in which Alsoshop's "owner" was also participating. 

You are also dealing with a site that allows sock puppets to register as users and impersonate  sellers who have criticized AlsoShop--i.e. you are dealing with a site that ignores identity theft crimes and whose tech "employee" openly threatens identity theft victims and critics of the site for complaining about their identities being stolen.

Compare Alsoshop's method of dealing with critics with the way legitimate multi-seller ecommerce venues like Amazon, eBay, Etsy, etc deal with critics and it becomes clear that Alsoshop is an auction site that should be avoided at all costs.

Alsoshop's questionable, and very unprofessional,  way of doing business doesn't end with its lax attitude towards identity theft and privacy violations however.

You are also dealing with a site whose owner, judging by her listings on the site, apparently mistakenly thinks her state's sales and use tax (sales tax collection) requirements don't apply to her online sales. You are also dealing with a site which claims to be owned by an LLC on its WHOIS records yet there is no record on any state's books of the LLC ever existing.

In short, you are dealing with a site which is run in a very unprofessional manner -- a site whose ownership and "employees" have very questionable business ethics.

[/quote]

That sums it up really nicely.  Confusedtolensmiley:
He has tried to convince me I am someone that I am not, as well as tried his best to discredit many others here and on PSU that have merely mention his site's names in posting. He has attempted to discredit River Rat and Truth by saying they were frauds, Amy for being a fraud, Bell for being a fraud... Don't you think if everyone you called a fraud and "troll" really was, they wouldn't be selling and actively talking about it in the same places they always have?
EDITED to add:
It's amazing how any business views outsiders looking in and giving opinions publicly as a Constitutional right and a chance to better their business, unless you are a rinky dink eBay "alternative" site owner. Then, watching, commenting, and discussing the "business" becomes stalking, libel, and threats. The last time I checked, this was the United States, and if you live here you can say pretty much anything you want. Just read some of what has been written about Obama, Palin, and Hillary. Is that stalking because it was posted on a public forum? No. It's called freedom, until you personally attack someone's character with non-factual claims. For instance, saying Bill Clinton was a womanizer is pretty much accepted as true based on publicly available information, even though none of us were there with he and Monica. But saying Hillary Clinton was a lesbian nearly landed Rush Limbaugh in court for slander because it was simply not true, and there was not a shred of evidence to back it up. That's the difference between freedom of speech, and libel/slander. With the clarification in memory, saying someone is stalking a site is not only a completely hilarious claim, but it is a libelous claim.
DISCLAIMER: I'm posting before my first cup of coffee. Confusedtolensmiley:

Quote:It's amazing how any business views outsiders looking in and giving opinions publicly as a Constitutional right and a chance to better their business, unless you are a rinky dink eBay "alternative" site owner. Then, watching, commenting, and discussing the "business" becomes stalking, libel, and threats.

The differences between how a real ecommerce business views criticism and how a rinky dink owner views it can perhaps be explained by the difference in the backgrounds of the people who head real e-tail businesses and those who head the wannabe businesses known as "rinky dinks". Smile

The average rinky dink owner's lack of business experience (and lack of qualifications for any management position at any company) leaves them ill prepared to deal with the daily realities (such as criticism of their business acumen) faced by real (as opposed to rinky dink) ecommerce business owners. Smile

What's amazing to me is that the average rinky dink site owner thinks that spending $210 for crap software instantly qualifies them as an expert on selling and someone who should be given instant respect just because they bought a cheap PHPProBid script and proclaimed themselves an auction site owner.  The reality is that low wage jobs like "cafeteria worker", "janitor", and "call center CS rep" are the only jobs the average rinky dink owner's background (job experience, education)  would qualify them for at a real ecommerce company like eBay, Amazon, Craigslist, or Etsy. Spending $210 for an auction script doesn't erase a lifetime of underachievement and mediocrity. Smile

As an example of the difference between the qualifications of those who head real ecommerce businesses and those who head rinky dinks, compare the backgrounds of craigslist's founder "craig" and Alsoshop's founder "Mo" Smile

craigslist:
Quote:Education

M. S. Computer Science, 1977, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio. Thesis: "Fundamental Models of Computer Systems and Their Relationship to Information Security."
B. S. Undergraduate Scholar, 1975, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio.

Professional Experience
[see this link. His resume includes management and consulting positions at Sun Microsystems, Charles Schwab, IBM, Bank of America, Xircom, and a host of other Silicon Valley companies]
http://cnewmark.typepad.com/resume.html

Alsoshop:
Quote:Selling online for just over 2 years... Wow! what an education!!!

Education/Experience: High school
http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/22...ester.html[/quote]

When a "company" is headed by an uneducated boinktard with limited ecommerce experience it's no wonder its GMV is so pathetic and it doesn't know how to handle criticism correctly. Smile

edit :twistedevil:
Since Binarywebs likes to accuse people of making statements because they're jealous or envious of Alsoshop:  I have 3 degrees (BA, and two MA's) from Columbia so I can assure you I'm not making this post because I'm jealous of the educational achievements of Alsoshop's founder. (Jealous of anything to do with Alsoshop or the idiots who head it I'm not, but I will admit to posting this because I'm a total bi.tch before my first cup of coffee). Hope this helps. Smile
Quote:I'm a total bi.tch before my first cup of coffee

Ummm, first cup? First five is more like it.  Smileytongueout
Quote:but I will admit to posting this because I'm a total bi.tch before my first cup of coffee)

Great post, and ditto on the bolded text. Laughing7

Probably why my best blog posts were typed before that first cup. Tongue

[quote author=xwpopper link=topic=9139.msg72503#msg72503 date=1221806488]
He has tried to convince me I am someone that I am not, as well as tried his best to discredit many others here and on PSU that have merely mention his site's names in posting. He has attempted to discredit River Rat and Truth by saying they were frauds, Amy for being a fraud, Bell for being a fraud... Don't you think if everyone you called a fraud and "troll" really was, they wouldn't be selling and actively talking about it in the same places they always have?
EDITED to add:
It's amazing how any business views outsiders looking in and giving opinions publicly as a Constitutional right and a chance to better their business, unless you are a rinky dink eBay "alternative" site owner. Then, watching, commenting, and discussing the "business" becomes stalking, libel, and threats. The last time I checked, this was the United States, and if you live here you can say pretty much anything you want. Just read some of what has been written about Obama, Palin, and Hillary. Is that stalking because it was posted on a public forum? No. It's called freedom, until you personally attack someone's character with non-factual claims. For instance, saying Bill Clinton was a womanizer is pretty much accepted as true based on publicly available information, even though none of us were there with he and Monica. But saying Hillary Clinton was a lesbian nearly landed Rush Limbaugh in court for slander because it was simply not true, and there was not a shred of evidence to back it up. That's the difference between freedom of speech, and libel/slander. With the clarification in memory, saying someone is stalking a site is not only a completely hilarious claim, but it is a libelous claim.
[/quote]

They also have something in common with certain others. They don't seem to grasp the factors that come in to play with a libel claim.

But I won't bother to educate them, as I have learned that certain types of people are simply too dense/stupid to consider the real ramifications prior to falsely screaming "libel".
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=9139.msg72511#msg72511 date=1221830836]
Quote:I'm a total bi.tch before my first cup of coffee

Ummm, first cup? First five is more like it.  Smileytongueout
[/quote]

Violent1
Plunderhere's new advertising strategy: encourage your users to promote and link to Plunderhere on their eBay About Me pages and eBay Stores listings and risk being suspending from eBay.

315 pages promoting Plunderhere on eBay -mostly About Me pages but also some blogs
http://www.google.com/search?q=plunderhe...3Aebay.com&sourceid=groowe&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

There are also 7 auctions and 450 eBay store listings which mention Plunderhere:
http://search-desc.ebay.com/plunderhere_...sofocusZbs

A textbook example from one of the eBay About Me pages on how to drive away your buyers with your unprofessionalism:
Quote:Shut up !! U Don't mean it !

I used to buy & sell on here all the time but greed e-bay just kept raising the fees until i just said "Shut Up !! U don't mean it! Not again ! So i went on an adventurous search for a better place to sell. I went to Yahoo, then LiveDeal, then Bidville (which is free i've made a lot of sales there) , Now I've found PlunderHere dot com 90758be1b6c30d3c116db658199785ba which is also free and has many advantages over this site. You can use paypal at any of these sites. Yahoo i don't think has an auction site anymore but instead they have FREE classifieds where u can list your products just like on msn live.com.

So if ur tired of the constant increases take a wander over to plunderhere dot com see what it's all about we have changed over to PHP format so it's easier to use and it's beautiful. Come take a look!!
link to about me

That user could benefit from reading some of the "using your about us page to increase conversions" articles on TT Smile
Exchange on the EBay boards
http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa?tstart=0&threadID=510015285&mod=1221881118137&anticache=1222009736437

Quote:Plunderhere. you know the rest.Its a fledgling auction site. Hint,not . net,Spirit
Quote:...some of the items there beggar belief. I wouldn't use it if you paid me because it is obvious that they are not very good at quality or legality control.

I have friends who lost people in occupied Europe, let me put it that way.

Ebay banned Nazi memorabilia but Marktard has no problem letting scumbags make a buck off the deaths of 6 million people and he has no problem accepting the FVF fees from the sales either .  Do a search for Nazi on PH.

Here's one of several listings:  Hitler's uniform, $795, seller auroranorth
http://www.plunderhere.com/Hitler-s-NSDA...e_auctions