TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: PlunderHere and AlsoShop: A Web of Privacy Violations, Backstabbing, and Deceit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PH users........

Quote:Thank you for the update. When the site returns, can you make sure an email goes out to notify us? I've had 4-5 sales in the last few days + several questions that came in shortly before the outage/down time.

An email to all users would be AWESOME!!
Quote:Thanks for the update. Was beginning to think the kids had done something to my computer! Well hopefully it will be up and running soon.
See you all when it gets fixed.
Quote:Thank you Stormrunner507 for letting us know what happened. It can't be very frustrating when we don't know what is going on both as a seller and buyer. I hope the site gets up soon. Many sellers have had sales and so have I . Thank you again for stepping up and letting us know. And if it is possible to let us know when this is fixed it would be greatly appreciated

Why are they so complacent when their businesses have been down for 7 days? One hour of downtime by a service provider is enough to set me off. After 24 hours I would have taken my business somewhere else permanently.
[quote author=maggie777 link=topic=9139.msg74206#msg74206 date=1238547459]

Quote:Thank you for the update. When the site returns, can you make sure an email goes out to notify us? I've had 4-5 sales in the last few days + several questions that came in shortly before the outage/down time.

An email to all users would be AWESOME!!
[/quote]

During all the downtime in the past, there was a visibility through their own forum. Now, that doesn't even exist.
They will likely get the site up this weekend and say they had to use an older backup, but won't tell anyone why. The reality will be, someone screwed up (or lost) the database, there was a hacker, or someone crashed the server.

And to think, real business people on eBay flip out when eBay or Paypal goes down from 1AM-4AM for planned maintenance.

But I guess 9 days is OK for a rinky dink considering there is no real business being conducted.
Quote:They will likely get the site up this weekend and say they had to use an older backup, but won't tell anyone why.

Restoring an old backup won't solve the problem.  The 404s are either being caused by a directory permissions problem on the ../public_html directory or a configuration error (a mod_rewrite error is a likely culprit) in either apache.conf, .htaccess, or php.ini. 

This is the type of problem that a real Linux server system administrator could analyze and fix in under an hour (most likely in under 10 minutes).
AtomicMall Wrote:Visitors are being directed to an error page which means PH admin has the ability to direct traffic to a page of their choosing. If that's the case, then it seems they could just as easily direct traffic to their index page

Ummm no, those 404 error pages do not mean "PH admin has the ability to direct traffic to a page of their choosing"...quite the opposite  you friggin' idiot.  It means, as Regi said, there is either a directory permissions problem or an error in one of the 3 configuration files she mentioned.
Giraffe finally figures it out.
http://www.powersellersunite.com/about26...tml#248956

She is now sneaking closer to troll-like competence. Pretty soon she'll be spread "hate filled propagandistic drivel" herself and end up with her own OSUfools page on Auction News. Happy001
Quote:real business people on eBay flip out when eBay or Paypal goes down from 1AM-4AM for planned maintenance.

Real business people flip out because they have fixed monthly expenses and their employees and lordlords won't accept a late payment excuse of "You'll have to wait a couple of weeks to be paid because I haven't sold anything in 9 days due to Marktard's broken external link".
Quote:PlunderHere and AlsoShop

ASs recently celebrated its 1st birthday  Occasion18

631 members, 1 year GMV $18,934, 64 stores
28,441 listings (down over 30% from November's 43,000+)

Average monthly GMV $1,578 (the site's GMV is roughly the same as Wagglepop's Ray Romeo averaged as an eBay seller during his Bronze Powerseller heyday),

Average monthly sales per storeowner $24.65 (82 cents daily --a few cents short of being able to buy one item on McDonald's value menu but 82 cents more than Plunderhere sellers have averaged over the past 10 days Smile )
MoPuppet Wrote:AS is well SEO'd. Oh Gee, AS even has RSS feeds, For free. And lets not even mention the shoppng aggregates AS submits to, not just Base and Products. but also surf and traffic exchanges, merchant directories, social networks...

I'm sure you get the picture.

http://www.powersellersunite.com/post-24...tml#249032

Yeah I get the picture alright.....any auction site that is only generating $52 daily in sitewide sales after one year is a complete waste of time for all involved.

I now return you to today's featured entertainment

episode 10 of FLOUNDERHERE AND THE EXTERNAL LINK FROM HELL
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=9139.msg74213#msg74213 date=1238701492]
Quote:real business people on eBay flip out when eBay or Paypal goes down from 1AM-4AM for planned maintenance.

Real business people flip out because they have fixed monthly expenses and their employees and lordlords won't accept a late payment excuse of "You'll have to wait a couple of weeks to be paid because I haven't sold anything in 9 days due to Marktard's broken external link".
[/quote]

I just don't get it. I don't trust too many folks with my personal info, but I certainly wouldn't trust anyone who lets my info vanish into cyberspace randomly for a couple weeks at a time even have access to my initials.

And, from Mark's side...
I wouldn't keep a site like PH live with 8,000 members, if only about 20 members showed up on the largest related chat forum to ask what was going on when my site went black for 10 days. If that few of your members care so little as to ask questions on the largest eBay alternative forum online, how much do they care about your 80,000 auctions?
[quote author=mandy link=topic=9139.msg74214#msg74214 date=1238749375]
Quote:PlunderHere and AlsoShop
ASs recently celebrated its 1st birthday  Occasion18

631 members, 1 year GMV $18,934, 64 stores
28,441 listings (down over 30% from November's 43,000+)

Average monthly GMV $1,578 (the site's GMV is roughly the same as Wagglepop's Ray Romeo averaged as an eBay seller during his Bronze Powerseller heyday),

Average monthly sales per storeowner $24.65 (82 cents daily --a few cents short of being able to buy one item on McDonald's value menu but 82 cents more than Plunderhere sellers have averaged over the past 10 days Smile )
[/quote]

The 30% drop was one seller.
2/3 of what's left are a bookseller who has 18,488 books listed without a picture of any book on the first 5 pages, 4 sales, 2 negative feedbacks (none positive) lists a website in his profile that is dead, and a 1050 feedback score transfer from eBay that comes up as and invalid eBay user ID. This user has also never posted in the forums, and according to true eBay alternative masters, that is the best marketing strategy.  ;D
http://www.alsoshop.com/profile.php?user_id=222

PH member question:

Quote:Are there any updates yet?
http://www.powersellersunite.com/post-24...tml#249169

UPDATE for all PH folks:
Hope you had a backup file for your listings so you can move them to another rinky dink that will vanish next month.