TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: PlunderHere and AlsoShop: A Web of Privacy Violations, Backstabbing, and Deceit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bidz/Plunderhere Wrote:The only reason I have not been
able to move it right now is that Ray is currently away from home
traveling and the other guy whom I trust with the site whom Ray
has known for over 3 years has just had a trauma with his son having
a burst appendix so I am anxiously awaiting either one of these guys
to be available as my only other alternative is to hire the
script programmers
who are flat out as it is with mods and fixes but
I have emailed them today to be ready to do it if needed.

Why the fuck would he need to hire the script programmers to move that site?  That site could easily be moved in under an hour without any problem by anyone with half a brain.  Moving an RScript site and database that size isn't a big deal at all.

Setting up a dedicated server isn't a big deal either--I or anyone else who knows what they're doing can build a server from scratch in under 2 hours (install the OS, compile apache, add and tweak php, mysql, perl mods, an accelerator, do needed customizations, tuning, etc).   I'm tempted to offer to do it for free if it would mean I wouldn't have to read any more of these moronic posts on the server move that I've had to suffer through for the past 2 weeks.

None of these boinktard site owners can even do a simple task like moving a server by themselves ,and none of them have tech staffs to oversee day to day operations, and yet they want people to trust them with their personal information when they don't know the first thing about webservers-- let alone how to secure one?
Quote:None of these boinktard site owners can even do a simple task like moving a server by themselves ,and none of them have tech staffs to oversee day to day operations, and yet they want people to trust them with their personal information when they don't know the first thing about webservers-- let alone how to secure one?

If they weren't boinktards, they wouldn't even consider opening such a site without either the tech knowledge or the $ to hire tech staff.  And, I would guess that most users don't even think about those very important details (including me, if I hadn't been exposed to all this stuff through TT), which is what these boinktard site owners count on, and take advantage of.
[quote author=amy link=topic=9139.msg69355#msg69355 date=1208824076]
Quote:my network and I pick sites that have very specific criteria.

What exactly are those criteria besides the site owners are friends of yours and active board posters? Looking at the sites, I'm assuming that GMV, traffic, and listings aren't criteria.  The decision to include Ray's former sites PH and AQ would also indicate that a site owner's business ethics aren't one of your criteria criteria when selecting sites.

An example United Best network site:
Biddernsellers (hides their WHOIS, no contact info on site, email address on privacy policy is support@yoursite.com)
listings: 4,586 listings
traffic: compete 4,320 monthly uniques/quantcast US reach 2,951 monthly uniques
pages indexed in Google: 4,790

Now compare BiddersnSellers numbers to some individual sellers web stores (OK, I'll pick one of mine and I'll pick The Crab Man's store (sorry Crab Man but Sneaky would kill me if I used hers as an example  Laughing7 ).  FYI, we both use free Zen Cart shopping carts).

traffic: crabman beats BnS on quantcast US uniques with 3,179, my Zen #3 beats BnS on compete (7,125) and quantcast 3,780
pages indexed in google: Zen #3 50,000+

My store is about 1 1/2 years old (and I've never done any paid advertising) and The Crab Man's is 1 year old.  If either of us had devoted the majority of our time during the past year to listing at some of the sites on your network instead of building our respective web stores we would both be much worse off. If we can build web stores that beat most of the alt sites out there so can other sellers if they put their mind to it (and if they stop following any Tom, Dick, or Harry who advertises his $210 phpProBid "eBay killer" site on PSU).

What exactly is the benefit to sellers of listing on the small sites in your network rather than listing at more established sites? It's definitely not sales, or exposure in Google.  Sellers would be better off spending their time setting up their own websites or listing at sites with more traffic and buyers (i.e. sales) like Ecrater, iOffer, Blujay, Etsy, etc, etc .
[/quote]

The criteria is simple....they aren't friends of mine other than Mo. (I did invite her because of that.....and the fact that PH has been around for some time.  The whole PH thing wasn't even going on at the time PH was added.) They are business acquaintances. The sites have longevity, small, have owners that are trying to work together, aren't generally in the middle of crap and if they are, the site owners know what not to do,

And I think you are missing the biggest point....the site costs no one anything. It's free advertisement for individual site owners as well as auction store owners. The core sites are simply a way to diversify. Auction don't work by themselves and individual stores don't work by themselves. Cross promoting could be the key.

Building a web store is fine...but some choose not to for different reasons. Unlike auctions, they take a more time and do cost to host, etc. Not everyone sees stores as a viable option.

I am and always will be about choice. There are many choices. UB is about those choices.

And another thing, we don't ridicule others for making choices different from our own!

Now once again.....what have you stuck your neck out for lately? What have you done to bring people into an idea or concept that is positive?

(Belle....if I'm half literate then I guess you are????? A half-wit?? Oh and have I got a job for you to add to your 'life'! Yeah....I sunk to her level BBH.....but it will be the only time. So please excuse me this tiny incident!  Headbang Headbang)
Ya know, Cherry Pits/UBC, I didn't even respond to your last post, precisely in order to avoid any further interaction with you. I generally know when it's a case of stupidity not allowing someone to see the other side, and I usually give up pretty quickly. So why another jab at me? You must be enjoying this for some reason.....although I can't understand why. :Smile

Quote:(Belle....if I'm half literate then I guess you are?Huh? A half-wit?? Oh and have I got a job for you to add to your 'life'! Yeah....I sunk to her level BBH....but it will be the only time. So please excuse me this tiny incident!  headbang headbang)

A "job"? Enlighten me, please.

Edit to correct a phrase.

' Wrote:Alsoshop LLC was either registered after 4/11 or it's fake too.  Nada in CA , NV, DE, FL corporate databases.

The California database  contains records up to the 18th and there is no record of the company (the domain owner) in CA or any other state yet. 

Since many site owners have proven themselves to be incapable of completing the simple task of filling in the REGISTRANT section of their domain records properly (for example, AuctionQuests lists "AQ" as the registrant and Ewaey lists "ewaey worldwide auctions" , both of which are  MIA on corporate searches), I thought I'd give a quick lesson on how to do it. Smile

If Sneaky is allowed to give friggin' lessons on this thread then so am I Laughing7

Mandy's Guide to Domain Registrants 101
A guide to registering a domain name and filling in the REGISTRANT section

The name listed as the registrant (i.e. the legal owner of the domain) must be a legal entity and must be able to enter into a legally binding contract

---simplified for idiots: if the registrant is US based, it must be either an individual with an SSN or a registered business with a FEIN. 

---simplified for blithering idiots: the registrant name should be the name that will be listed as the defendant on the court papers when your site gets sued.

examples:

Acceptable registrant: "eBay Inc" is acceptable to list as a registrant because it is a registered company (i.e. it is a legal entity)

Unacceptable registrant: "My Collectables Store" and "My Network of Websites" are unacceptable to list as registrants if they are unincorporated businesses without an FEIN (i.e. it they aren't legal entities).  In this case the sole proprietor's name should be listed not the fictitious business name.

Sneaky's Guide to unSound Business Decision Making
(Inside the Mind of a Nimrod)

I opened a store at PH yesterday because the naysaying WaggleHaters criticized the site and called me a nimrod.  I hate those idiots! Hate them, hate them! Die, die ,die! If they criticized NaughtyBids I'd list there too to spite them! Die miscreant WaggleHaters die! Why oh why can't I make the infiltrators understand that Wagglepoop has the best SEO on the planet???

Angel1

The latest PH sales stats
Quote:Total items Sold in last 30 Days: 2,339 For a gross amount of: $7,690.95

Gross sales are down 10%. The MoAlsoShop siphoning effect has started..
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=9139.msg69399#msg69399 date=1208971999]
Sneaky's Guide to unSound Business Decision Making
(Inside the Mind of a Nimrod)

I opened a store at PH yesterday because the naysaying WaggleHaters criticized the site and called me a nimrod.  I hate those idiots! Hate them, hate them! Die, die ,die! If they criticized NaughtyBids I'd list there too to spite them! Die miscreant WaggleHaters die! Why oh why can't I make the infiltrators understand that Wagglepoop has the best SEO on the planet???

Angel1 [/quote]

translation: Allowing your emotions to influence your business decisions is usually not a good idea.
Quote:In this case the sole proprietor's name should be listed not the fictitious business name.

I'm amazed by the number of auction sites whose WHOIS records show they're registered to sole proprietors. Taking the risk of losing everything you own if your site gets sued because you were too cheap to limit your potential liability by setting up a LLC or corporation doesn't seem like the brightest move. :Smile

UBC bd Wrote:Building a web store is fine...but some choose not to for different reasons. Unlike auctions, they take a more time and do cost to host, etc. Not everyone sees stores as a viable option.

Web hosting can be found for $3.99 a month; one auction can easily cost you that much.
As far as time is concerned, yes, they do take some time to set up initially, but after that, I don't see why they would take more time than listing new auctions.
Quote:Not everyone sees stores as a viable option.

In 1492 not everyone saw the earth as round, but just because they had that opinion didn't mean their belief that the earth was flat was right.  :twistedevil: