TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: PlunderHere and AlsoShop: A Web of Privacy Violations, Backstabbing, and Deceit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[quote author=jessie link=topic=9139.msg49540#msg49540 date=1176600783]
Does anyone remember the vultures that overran the WP 1 forum at FAS after WP 1 closed and spammed the hell out of FAS?

http://web.archive.org/web/2005061602545...um-29.html
[/quote]

If you are referring to the top thread over there that was posted by the member fast pack. That was a member on PlunderHere and not me that posted that thread. He was disgruntled over what happened on Wagglepop and was trying to help the members out at that time by offering them an alternative. I can not control where and how members wish to promote PlunderHere. I am just grateful when they are pleased enough with PlunderHere to go and share the word. I am sorry you look at their support of PlunderHere as them being a vulture.

Suzanne
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=9139.msg49511#msg49511 date=1176579967]
The auction critic has arrived. Smile

They switched from phpProBid to RScript since the last time I looked at them...which means that all of the Rscript related glitches that Wagglepop sellers complained about will also be present on PlunderHere (and every other site running the same software).

The private domain registration annoys me too (Auctionbytes is also annoyed by private WHOIS)  just like WP's private registration annoys me and for the same reasons.

In terms of infrastructure, they actually have less than WP because there are 16 other sites hosted on that same IP address:

[edit]
publicly available list of 16 domain names/websites  hosted on same IP as plunderhere removed by request...  in its place I'm providing this link for the benefit of auction site owners whose advertising consists of forum posts on various OAI forums/the eBay boards, etc.: http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...276.0.html
[/edit]
[/quote]

Hi

Thank you for editing the list and I also thank you for the link to the advertising information. Please note I only responded to this thread to address the posting of my server's listed domains. My intent was not to promote my site, but to respond to the posted questions, comments and request the list be removed. I also took the time to address the whois comment. As such my post was again simply to clarify and not to advertise. I also do not use eBay boards nor do I promote use of such. However when members decide they would like to share their experience with PlunderHere I have no control over how and where they do that.

Suzanne
WOW!  I did not mean to start anything here. I was just simply letting people know about PlunderHere because I feel it deserves mentioning. I posted in the right thread, other auctions, so I do not know what happened. I mostly wanted to let others know about this site because I love it and it is sure better than the one I just left, WP. Maybe others, too, want to know of other alternatives. That is all I wanted to do. If I have done something wrong, please let me know.

the Dragon
Quote:In fact we just released a bunch of great features

The only feature I care about is buyers. 

My business questions:

1. what is the site's sell through rate?
2. how many monthly site sales? (more or less than WP?)
3. where, and how, is the site advertised to buyers (seller boards don't count)?

Sneaky:  go to this link and you can see the stats:

http://www.plunderhere.com/auction/stats.php

Quote:SALES STATS
Total # Of Items Bid On   6
Total $ Of Current Bids   $19.27
Total # of Current and Closed Items Bid On   530
Total Current and Closed Bids   $3,406.59

Quote:Total Members    820
Quote:Total Current and Closed Bids      $3,406.59

And they've been around since 2005? Laughing4

Quote:However when members decide they would like to share their experience with PlunderHere I have no control over how and where they do that.

Suzanne

Spam4

Sure you do. Ask them not to. What Dragon posted is spam, nothing more or less.Something Ray Romeo is also well known for. Smile

They are spamming everywhere on every board. Check PSU there is all kinds of it.  They are using all the boards and forums to advertise, contests they are having.  It is getting out of control.  There is no more buyers there than there is on WP there trying to drum up members and buyers any way they can.  It doesn't matter which thread it was posted on it is still spamming.

Signs035 Signs036

Hi

The sales stats page you refer to is for this year, and not since 2005. As for spamming we are a member of PSU where PSU allows 'selected' auction site venues to have their own SUB FORUM for promotion and updates on their site. It is designed exactly for that. As for telling any member to not do something, I am sorry I will never censor and tell the members of my site what they can say, when they can say or where they can say it. Also we don't spam boards, the only places PlunderHere has been posted is in threads set up for the listing of alternative sites. Where that type of posting is welcomed and invited as that is what it is for. The member that posted this thread here did so on her own to share a site she found, and not at the request of any staff at PlunderHere. Our PSU posts are posted in our Sub Forum area and not in other areas. If you are not sure what PSU and its Sub Forums are maybe you should find out before you go bashing a site.

Good luck where ever you sell,
Suzanne
plunderhere Wrote:I do realize there are people that use the fact of someone not displaying their whois information as a reason to register or not to register on a auction site.

Trust is all important in ecommerce.  Do the following inspire trust?

no public whois information
no company address on website---the only contact info is an email address
no indication on site of plunderhere's legal corporate name
no indication given on site whether it is an incorporated business
no record of a plunderhere at Florida division of corporations

Wagglepop has a legal, verifiable company name, (po box) address, and phone number listed on its site.  PlunderHere has none of that.  :Smile

It's a sad day when Ray inspires more trust than other auction site owners.

[quote author=plunderhere link=topic=9139.msg49587#msg49587 date=1176657723]
Hi

The sales stats page you refer to is for this year, and not since 2005.[/quote]

This year, two years----does it matter? PlunderHere's total site sales of $3400 for 4 months is bad every way you slice it.  $850 monthly. 530 total sales in 4 months.  Wagglepop's anemic sales are suddenly looking great. :blinkie:

plunderhere Wrote:As for telling any member to not do something, I am sorry I will never censor and tell the members of my site what they can say, when they can say or where they can say it. Also we don't spam boards, the only places PlunderHere has been posted is in threads set up for the listing of alternative sites. ... If you are not sure what PSU and its Sub Forums are maybe you should find out before you go bashing a site. .

PSU today:

PSU member Wrote:Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:03 am  Post subject:  Plunderhere's Site Trashing Contest #1  Back to top

In the spirit of this thread (and others).....

I'm just wondering if Plunderhere actually have a business plan other than to 'get HiBidder'? On current evidence, it seems not, particularly as a couple of Plunderhere members seem to have this creepy obsession with Hibidder...

Thus, instead of 'site trashing' maybe we can turn this thread into suggestions that Plunderhere management/admins/contest coordinators could take on board for them to able to promote their site in a positive manner without feeling the need to tread on the toes of others...
PSU Admin Wrote:I am going to lock both Plunderhere and HiBidder bashing threads. Until people can calm down I suggest Plunderhere members should stay out of the HiBidder threads and HiBidder members stay out of the Plunderhere threads.
http://www.powersellersunite.com/about11197.html

There are many locked threads on PSU. Rinky Dink Common010Smileykoolaid vs. Rinky Dink Common010Smileykoolaid :Smile

Sneaky the Magnificent Wrote:My business questions:

1. what is the site's sell through rate?ANSWERED. Under 1%
2. how many monthly site sales? (more or less than WP?)ANSWERED.WP 7000+ items monthly, PH under 200 monthly items
3. where, and how, is the site advertised to buyers (seller boards don't count)?

Care to answer question #3 Suzanne?