TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: PlunderHere and AlsoShop: A Web of Privacy Violations, Backstabbing, and Deceit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[quote author=mandy link=topic=9139.msg69476#msg69476 date=1209158039]
The new owner's site has accomplished quite a bit in 2 weeks Smile

1. violated EU privacy regulations by failing to properly notify users of one domain/website when their personal data was transferred to a new domain/website.
2. violated the E-commerce Regulations of the UK's Companies Act by failing to include proper regulatory information on his .eu website (the registered office address, email address, and company registration number must be publicly displayed on UK owned websites).
3. violated copyright law by incorporating copyrighted music into a promotional video without permission from the copyright holders.

[/quote]

In today's news, Plunderhere announced that the king of copyright infringement has been appointed as a moderator and video producer.

Quote:Captain Lightning Bolt - - George (Stormrunner507) is helping me
actually manage the forums until I get help with the admin controls
as I am handling all that at the moment. With a name like 'Stormrunner'
it seemed appropriate to add the Lightning bolt as he also will be our
Video reviewer and producer. Amongst other things.

New moderators announcement: http://plunderhere.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7946

Quote:George (Stormrunner507) is helping me
actually manage the forums until I get help with the admin controls
EDIT -Sneaky must be blind.  I can't find the section in Plunderhere's privacy policy where it states "we will disclose your personal information to non-employees/other sellers".  If that seller/copyright infringer has admin privileges he has access to users' personal information (email addresses and IP addresses).
Plunderhere 30-day GMV Wrote:Total items Sold in last 30 Days: 1,955 For a gross amount of: $7,444.41

The pirate ship is sinking.
RE:IncidentID:246662 Invalid WhoIs Information Wrote:The contact information for ALSOSHOP.COM has been updated. If you find any of the information to be invalid please let us know. Otherwise, for further information concerning the domain name please contact the registrant.

The fake 00000000 phone number on the WHOIS was fixed.
Today's PH news:

The promised Monday server move never happened.

Quote:plunderhere.com. SOA IN 86400 Primary DNS server: ns1.hostedinflorida.com.
Responsible Name: ray@auctionquests.com.
Serial: 2008030800
Refresh: 86400 (1d)
Retry: 7200 (2h)
Expire: 3600000 (5w 6d 16h)
Minimum/NegTTL: 86400 (1d)
plunderhere.com. NS IN 86400 ns2.hostedinflorida.com.
plunderhere.com. NS IN 86400 ns1.hostedinflorida.com.
plunderhere.com. A IN 14400 74.52.45.109

Trivia: PH and AS are on adjacent IPs on the same server:

Quote:alsoshop.com. SOA IN 86400 Primary DNS server: ns1.hostedinflorida.com.
Responsible Name: ray@auctionquests.com.
Serial: 2008011001
Refresh: 86400 (1d)
Retry: 7200 (2h)
Expire: 3600000 (5w 6d 16h)
Minimum/NegTTL: 86400 (1d)
alsoshop.com. NS IN 86400 ns1.hostedinflorida.com.
alsoshop.com. NS IN 86400 ns2.hostedinflorida.com.
alsoshop.com. A IN 14400 74.52.45.108

more trivia: ThePlanet's largest reseller HostGator has about 1/2 of the IPs on that C-block  -AQRay uses The Planet not their reseller HostGator in case you're wondering.
Plunderhere's Inept Owner Wrote:OK we got stuck on the server move because PH was on Rays server
and we needed him to pack up (zip) the main database for us and upload
to new server.

We tried a number of times to download but everytime the site would stop!

Why doesn't the fool use Wget or cURL to move the gzip file to the new server?  Only a total imbecile would do a server move by first downloading the files to their desktop PC via FTP.

3 simple steps to move an entire website and set it up on a new server:

Step 1: login to the old server via SSH and type one command:
tar cvf moron.tar.gz olddirectory

Step 2: login to the new server via SSH and type two simple commands
wget http://www.oldserver.com/moron.tar.gz
tar -xzf moron.tar.gz

Step 3a (databases): Repeat the above 2 steps (alternately, you can do step 3 before steps 1,2) to move the database backups(s) to the new server.

Step 3b.  create the databases and import the database backup(s) to the MySQL server using either the command line or a tool like webmin (I wouldn't recommend using phpmyadmin for large databases).

Total time required for moving a site the size of Plunderhere and having it running on a new server: under 1 hour.

PS I'm assuming the fool meant gzip not zip.

Plunderhere's Inept Owner Wrote:I do apologize for keeping you all in suspense but this has to be done properly as we
do not want errors appearing because it was rushed as that would cause more grief
than the delay.

It has taken this fool one month to do a sub-1 hour job. That hardly qualifies as rushed.  ;D

Plunderhere's Inept Owner Wrote:What Deb has said is quite correct, we will need to go into maintenance mode
for awhile but are planning this to be as minimal downtime as we can.

The downtime could be limited to a few minutes if he moved the database to the new server before he moved the rest of the site's files and switched the database settings in the RScript config file on the old server to use the database on the new server.

To repeat what regic said in reply 170 of this thread:

regic Wrote:That site could easily be moved in under an hour without any problem by anyone with half a brain.  Moving an RScript site and database that size isn't a big deal at all.

Setting up a dedicated server isn't a big deal either--I or anyone else who knows what they're doing can build a server from scratch in under 2 hours (install the OS, compile apache, add and tweak php, mysql, perl mods, an accelerator, do needed customizations, tuning, etc).  I'm tempted to offer to do it for free if it would mean I wouldn't have to read any more of these moronic posts on the server move that I've had to suffer through for the past 2 3 weeks.

To repeat what both BBH and I previously said: (the server move proves) PH's new owner isn't qualified to run a lemonade stand. BangHead
Tiny Tooled King of the Fucktards exercises his little muscle on the PSU Mojavelyn's Resignation Thread Wrote:psunite
Site Admin
Total posts: 5244

USA US Ohio

New postPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:10 pm   Post subject:    #104  Back to top
I think 7 pages is enough here. locked

If thou speaketh bad about the scamming site owners whose advertising payeth King Boinktard's rent thou shalt be censored by the King and his Dynamic Dipstick Mods, thou will have thou thread locked. All hail King boinktard Bob Lee!  Notworthy Notworthy Notworthy Notworthy Notworthy Notworthy Notworthy Notworthy Notworthy Notworthy
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=9139.msg69608#msg69608 date=1209612878]
Tiny Tooled King of the boinktards exercises his little muscle on the PSU Mojavelyn's Resignation Thread Wrote:psunite
Site Admin
Total posts: 5244

USA US Ohio

New postPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:10 pm   Post subject:    #104  Back to top
I think 7 pages is enough here. locked

If thou speaketh bad about the scamming site owners whose advertising payeth King Boinktard's rent thou shalt be censored by the King and his Dynamic Dipstick Mods, thou will have thou thread locked. All hail King boinktard Bob Lee!  Notworthy Notworthy Notworthy Notworthy Notworthy Notworthy Notworthy Notworthy Notworthy Notworthy
[/quote]

Not sure if it was the story about the fishes that confused him or somebody pretending to be me.  Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001

Let the Truth be Told

P.S. ummm Mr. or Mrs. imposter, if you want to try and be don't forget to sign the post like I do.  Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
Quote:Not sure if it was the story about the fishes that confused him or somebody pretending to be me.

It wasn't the fishies or you.  Dynamic Dipstick Mod/OTWA Spammer Eldumbo has the hots for Mo.  He locked another PH thread in March.  PSU forum rule #1: thou shalt not criticize Mo. 

eldumbo locking a PH thread in March Wrote:buy&sell, I'd suggest you check out the many other alternatives to ebay if not being able to list your products on PH without causing so many problems with their site owner.

buy&sell, you obviously DON'T MEET the PH site's verification process and as another poster here stated, MOVE ON TO ANOTHER online selling venue.

This OP is 4 pages long and still not getting anywhere between seller and site owner so I'm going to lock it and make a suggestion...Take your issues to the PH forum.

buy&sell, please do not start another related topic about this particular auction site, IE PH.

locked thread http://www.powersellersunite.com/about17373-45.html

PSU rule #2: don't criticize AQ Ray/binarywebs: locked PH thread: http://www.powersellersunite.com/about11991.html

PSU rule #3: other sites thou shalt not criticize on PSU: HiBidder, YourHighBid, Overnight Auctions
50 page bash threads encouraged, no locking here: Ewaey
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=9139.msg69638#msg69638 date=1209691922]
It wasn't the fishies or you.  Dynamic Dipstick Mod/OTWA Spammer Eldumbo has the hots for Mo.  He locked another PH thread in March.  PSU forum rule #1: thou shalt not criticize Mo. 

eldumbo locking a PH thread in March Wrote:This OP is 4 pages long and still not getting anywhere between seller and site owner so I'm going to lock it and make a suggestion...Take your issues to the PH forum.

locked thread http://www.powersellersunite.com/about17373-45.html

PSU rule #2: don't criticize AQ Ray/binarywebs: locked PH thread: http://www.powersellersunite.com/about11991.html

PSU rule #3: other sites thou shalt not criticize on PSU: HiBidder, YourHighBid, Overnight Auctions
50 page bash threads encouraged, no locking here: Ewaey
[/quote]

How about the 16 months, and 979 replies of the "Wagglepop" saga? Shouldn't that be locked by now?
Remember this thread?
http://www.powersellersunite.com/about16986.html
About 20 members jumped up this seller's aSs for that, and it still isn't locked.

Well, not only is MO rude, but she is also a liar. I knew she was rude all along, and avoided her as much as possible until she had the nerve to lie at TT, then disappear without a trace when she got caught. Now, I'd love to see her defend herself. Maybe she told so many people, so many lies, that she doesn't even know where to start. Since stormrunner and kevinatgrannys were two of her transferred mods at aSs, and one is no longer, and the other is moonlighting as a PH mod... I gotta feeling it will all bite her in her aSs very soon.
Plunderhere.eu has moved to the new server.  The new server (see plunderhere..eu below) is significantly faster than the old server (see the plunderhere.com results below) but lags well behind such sites as Ecrater, eBay, and yes, the new server was slightly slower than Wagglepop on all 4 tests I ran.

To see just how slow Plunderhere's old server was, compare the load times of TT and PH.com below - the file size of the 2 site's home pages is nearly identical.  PH.com's home page took 5.39-6.43 seconds to load while TT's took 1.61-2.12 seconds.  PH's results indicate that AQ Ray is the last person you want to go to if you need a server tuneup. Not to brag (OK, I am) the fastest load time on any test, 0.19 seconds, was registered by a site in my signature line. Tongue

TEST 1
#
Domain name Size Load Time Average Speed per KB
1 plunderhere.eu 61.79 KB 1.16 seconds 0.02 seconds
2 plunderhere.com 111.75 KB 5.77 seconds 0.05 seconds
3 gosearchfor.com 14.71 KB 0.19 seconds 0.01 seconds
4 google.com 6.21 KB 0.22 seconds 0.04 seconds
5 ebay.com 45.87 KB 0.81 seconds 0.02 seconds
6 wagglepop.com 66.88 KB 1.13 seconds 0.02 seconds
7 tuliptools.com 112.36 KB 1.61 seconds 0.01 seconds
8 ecrater.com 12.77 KB 0.54 seconds 0.04 seconds

TEST 2