TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: PlunderHere and AlsoShop: A Web of Privacy Violations, Backstabbing, and Deceit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[quote author=regic link=topic=9139.msg72221#msg72221 date=1220161423]
Plunderhere Listings 51,433
PH Listings on Google Base 20,918 (40.7%)
PH Listings on Google Product Search  9,876 (19.2%)

Compare those percentages to a site like Wagglepop which has 98% of its listings appearing on both Base and Product Search.

Plunderhere's Google feed mod must be another of Binarywebs bug ridden $5 specials. Confusedtolensmiley:
[/quote]

My TulipStuff store has more items on Google Product Search than Plunderhere. :blinkie:  10900 of 11300 items, or 96%, of its items are listed.  I'm using a free Zen Cart feed mod not a Binarywebs mod which might be why most of my items appear. Laughing7

==============

Tomorrow is payday $$$ for Mark - the day unsuspecting users will start being charged on relists for listing enhancements that were added to their listings without their knowledge because Mark was nice enough to automatically check all of the enhancement boxes when he changed scripts.
[quote author=ironwood_etc link=topic=9139.msg72226#msg72226 date=1220195335]
I'm wore out with all of this.  First Ebay, then Ray, now Mark. Where do we turn?  I'm in over my head trying to build my own website, but continue to try, using Microsoft office. Failed on Go Daddy and CityMax. Can't imagine rebuilding my Plunder store. I am compuDah. But I'm learning and persevere. I have found a "a friendly auction" venue. That will enable me to get my listings out of Plunder, that is the most important thing for me right now. Then continue to work on the website.[/quote]

WP would have been the best site for you, especially if you aren't able to make eBay or Amazon profitable and are things are challenging with your own site.  (I got $119. on WP yesterday which I thought was decent for Labor Day weekend Saturday.)  If you don't have enough inventory to make WP's $29.95/month pay off now, I think you would do better with a site like buyitsellit or eCrater instead of another of the "friendly auction" venues where the chances of making a decent sale are close to the chances of being struck by lightning.  You could probably set up a store on buyitsellit and/or eCrater relatively quickly and at least be fully up and running somewhere, then go back and complete the work on your own site.
WP is run by a liar and cheat. I could not participate with an owner that did't keep one of his promises. I only made money by moving items to E in core. I will be forever thankful to TT when a post on WP boards was only available for a short time. I get up early and while Ray was sleeping I clicked that link. After I read them, I went back to WP and it was gone. He will not allow any truth to be told on his site SmileykoolaidI want a venue-not a dictator :twistedevil: Most of us are just ordinary people that can be fooled for a little while, but we do wake up to the fact we're being  Smileybrainwashed My main concern at this moment is getting everything off  Icon_bigsmurf and continue to build my website. I'll be 65 in Oct and the day is soon coming when the day job will end and the fun will begin for me. I can't continue to BangHead  My husband has recently become disabled, I'll see to it he does things he enjoys and finding widgets and selling them is something he loves to do. Icon_sunny
[quote author=amy link=topic=9139.msg72227#msg72227 date=1220197070]
Tomorrow is payday $$$ for Mark - the day unsuspecting users will start being charged on relists for listing enhancements that were added to their listings without their knowledge because Mark was nice enough to automatically check all of the enhancement boxes when he changed scripts.
[/quote]

Just for kicks, when I heard about this listing upgrade "glitch" I checked my account. Keep in mind I asked him to close twice 4 months ago, and was told to cancel all the listings and change my contact info. He refused to close it or suspend it since it was my responsibility to do it, and my listings remain active today. All my listings are still there even though I asked him to close it (and 75% of the items sold elsewhere) and someone has mysteriously started moving them into the correct category for me? And, my account balance 1 week ago was -9.24, now it is +17.76.
I took all my listings down yesterday. This time I put them in a permanent file for reference. I sent an email to contact us to make them aware that I was no longer a seller with Plunder. My reply? "What do you want us to do about it"?  I couldn't take down 16 listings as there was no delete or end early click. What a mess!!  What was MO thinking when she let the site go to them?? I have the same reason as always-put the listings somewhere so I don't lose all that work. I will continue to list in core from that site to the E as that keeps me making money to support my habit. Soon I'll be able to work at this full-time again, my day job really interferes with my habit LOL! On the E store board there is a lot of fear that the stores will just be removed and that they are going to take down the discussion board for stores. Who knows? It was a relief to leave there in 06. But, with all the alternatives, I still have to sell on the E to maintain my expenses. I have non-paying buyers on WP and Plunder and just finished a dispute with one on the E. They're are everywhere! I blocked a non-payer on Plunder and she left feedback that I was rude and cruel-the worst and for everyone to pray for me. No mention that they would actually pay of the items or that they failed to pay. So it goes ???. Should I give up? NO NO NO good will come out of all of this.  I've learned so many things and done things with my compuDAH that I could not do before. I look at all of this as learning and I know that even tho I feel I've been cheated, today will be a better day ;D. Sorry, I'm rambling. Seize the day Signs050 and I think I've had too much coffee :chicken3:

The sage continues. I had emailed back to them that there was nothing they could and I just didn't have the energy to build the store again blah blah blah that was late last night. My coffee had wore off. Here's the reply that just came into my email.

All I can say is there is help everywhere, we have a full time tech
assisting users who need it plus we have written a whole load of help
in the forums covering all issues since the move.

We have gone in and set up a store and I simply ask you
would you like us to put your items in there?

This software is so easy to use you could do it blindfolded - -well almost!

Let us know and we'll help you get your items out there.

All the best
PH Admin

Yah, I want them to set up my store  Smileyyellowbang
They really are trying to hold on to sellers, that's for sure.  There is a full time tech now who I think can globally set up most fields on your items.  I think they have it to where the only thing sellers have to edit on their own is the category for each item.  Sellers do still run into some issues which the tech seems to be able to iron out for the most part.  I left my store open but shrunk it down to under two dozen listings because I think that's about what I can manage without it being an ongoing hassle.  I won't add more listings unless something sells there.  For me, it just isn't worth the time to do much on that site since I'm already established on five sites that are more effective, and have my own site to work on, and have a bunch of other projects.......
AQ Ray's Puppet Mojavelyn who spends her days at PSU commenting on sites she doesn't buy or sell on Wrote:Well, Paul and Sylvia, then its none of your business if you aren't selling or buying on any particular site who owns it or how they run it, is it?
Alsoshop owner Mojavelyn bashing a couple of sellers Wrote:Remember... no one here has died and been appointed auction god, altho there are several who think they have been.

Sylvia, your fangs are showing..
http://www.powersellersunite.com/post-19...tml#198781
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=9139.msg72249#msg72249 date=1220374896]
AQ Ray's Puppet Mojavelyn who spends her days at PSU commenting on sites she doesn't buy or sell on Wrote:Well, Paul and Sylvia, then its none of your business if you aren't selling or buying on any particular site who owns it or how they run it, is it?
Alsoshop owner Mojavelyn bashing a couple of sellers Wrote:Remember... no one here has died and been appointed auction god, altho there are several who think they have been.

Sylvia, your fangs are showing..
http://www.powersellersunite.com/post-19...tml#198781
[/quote]

I personally thought that statement was funny, as the self appointed lord of the PHPProBid sites (Spencer Ray) and the self proclaimed best auction site admin around (The one and only MO) have dominated the workings so-called eBay alternatives for the better part of 3 years, and are the first to claim they are better than everyone else.
This exchange is even funnier

Alsoshop Mojavelyn Wrote:Shoo Yourself. This is ONA's thread.
PSU user Wrote:Then why is Ray's Flunky here, are you involved in ONA?
Ray Binarywebs Probidv6mods.com Wrote:What are you, 12? Grow up - And keep my name out your mouth.

Happy001

Quote:the self proclaimed best auction site admin around (The one and only MO)

Newsflash to Mo, attracting just 152 new customers in 6 months puts her in the running with Adam Milbid for most incompetent site owner around.  Alsoshop's number of registered users is less than 1% the size of my customer list. Even Alex Ewaey could do better than 152 new users.