TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: PlunderHere and AlsoShop: A Web of Privacy Violations, Backstabbing, and Deceit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good thing I'm not a server admin (and I'm really, really glad I am not Mark, either)........I feel as though I've landed on Mars, and everyone speaks Martian except for me.  :blinkie:
Quote:I'm really, really glad I am not Mark, either

I'm glad I'm not him too.  I wouldn't look good with a five o'clock shadow. :blinkie: or a penis. :blinkie:
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=9139.msg69961#msg69961 date=1210609629]
Quote:I'm really, really glad I am not Mark, either

I'm glad I'm not him too.  I wouldn't look good with a five o'clock shadow. :blinkie: or a penis. :blinkie:
[/quote]

Happy001
Quote:Well I know the frustration of waiting, it's ten times worse for us
as we feel every single second of pain whilst being offline for all
of you!

We have been working around the clock on the new server.
The good news is you can now continue to list.

The facts are we are not yet on the new server due to some upload
issues that we need some expert help with.

The new server itself is fine but we had to make a decision:

1) Stay offline for maybe up to 48 hours - not an option or
2) Enlist a technical wizard to look into why after we uploaded the
site we had some unusual errors appear! only option

Now the site is stable and functioning well, we got some fixes done
and more coming.

In the meantime we will keep you informed as to what we do next.

All the best
Mark
Plunderhere Admin
Bolding mine:

Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 The Good News  Violent1 Violent1 Violent1

http://plunderhere.com/forums/showthread...#post70511

Let the Truth be Told
Plunderhere Wrote:The facts are we are not yet on the new server due to some upload
issues that we need some expert help with.
mandy Wrote:If he had followed our 3-step guide to server moves he wouldn't need to reset permissions on the new server - the old permissions would transfer over when he untarred the site backup file on the new server. :imptongue:

The 500 error could also be a result of the fool FTPing files in binary mode instead of ascii..

I win.  Toothy10 The dumbarse  uploaded the perl files in binary mode.

Plunderhere Wrote:2) Enlist a technical wizard to look into why after we uploaded the
site we had some unusual errors appear! only option

The free help offer is off the table but I'd be happy to help for my standard rate of $125 per hour.. Icon_biggrin

He can't even do a simple thing like FTPing some files and yet people are trusting this complete idiot to know enough about server security to protect their personal data from hackers? :blinkie:

Never mind,  I forgot it's all about the $13 monthly per store 'SALES, SALES, SALES" so an increased risk of identity theft because the site is run by an incompetent idiot is a risk worth taking for many.

Confusedarcasm1:

PS the 'not even qualified to run a lemonade stand' statement is looking more and more true by the minute.

Quote:I win.  Toothy10 The dumbarse  uploaded the perl files in binary mode.The free help offer is off the table but I'd be happy to help for my standard rate of $125 per hour.. icon_ Icon_biggrin

LMAO @ Mandy!  Thumbsup    Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
Flounderhere Mark has temporarily switched the DNS from the new server at iWeb back to AQ Ray's server at ThePlanet.  The site's "huge database" is once again sharing server space with AuctionQuests and AlsoShop. Over 24 hours of downtime for nothing and PH users are still waiting for the long promised server move. Happy001

Quote:Total items Sold in last 30 Days: 1,895 For a gross amount of: $6,117.50

Sales are down 27% since Marktard took the helm. Way to go Mark!
Common010 Common010 Common010 Common010 Common010

$6117/461= the average storeowner on Plunderhere is grossing $13.27 and selling 1895/461= 4 items per month.

Quoting Pompous Jay of PeSA: "Oh, now look at this. In the time it took me to type this posting I did ten sales on eBay, twice as many as you the average Plunderhere store owner did in the last month." .Yeah, Mark is doing a fantastic job of bringing "sales, sales, sales" to Plunderhere. :Smile
Quote:Sales are down 27% since Marktard took the helm. Way to go Mark!

Laughing7

And Marktard still hasn't managed to switch servers, has he?

Hell, I could have done it faster! (of course I would have taken Mandy/Reg up on their offer )  Confusedtolensmiley: