TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: PlunderHere and AlsoShop: A Web of Privacy Violations, Backstabbing, and Deceit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Their carts are easy to use and setup and have all the features I need. imptongue

I know Volusion is good.............I was just teasing you.  Big Grin

Quote:Battle of the Boinktards

Nice job on the stats!! Thumbsup
Quote:Nice job on the stats!!
I thought the sharktard's stats needed some work so I added a free storefront provider/CSE, 3 CSE's that include free listings in their search results, 3 media selling venues, 2 classifieds sites, and 2 collectibles/antiques malls.  My additions are in purple.

I think the chart below refute's the asinine comment below that Mo's buddy AQRay / Binarywebs made on PSU.  The reality is that if most phpProBid and RScript sites disappeared off the face of the earth tonight very few buyers or sellers would even notice--the real alternative to eBay 3P channels (the ones with buyers) aren't running crappy phpprobid or rscript boxed software and their owners don't spend their days spamming their sites on OAI forums like Mark, Mo, et al.  If  people want to behave like sheep and follow every boinktard with a rscript or phpprobid site who shows up on OAI forums that's their business, but there are far more productive ways to break free from eBay than by following (to quote AQ Ray) "flunkies of fiction" like Mark and Mo..

binarywebs/aq ray Wrote:Without individuals like me, Mark, Mo, and the droves of other Auction operators, you'd have no alternatives to turn to, to sell your trinkets,

---------------------------------------
REVISED VERSION OF SNEAKY'S CHART

Monthly visitors by the numbers:

eBay 75,192,700
Amazon 51,300,537
craigslist 30,000,000 *CL stats from CL factsheet
Pronto 10,316,995
Pricegrabber Storefronts 4,772,395
Etsy 1,593,789
Alibris 1,236,251
LiveDeal 1,009,433
Ubid  896,201
AbeBooks 716,909
iOffer 620,914
RubyLane 494,418
eCrater 460,029
Tias 458,856
TheFind 360,939
Biblio 326,757
Sell.com 243,458
ShopWiki 213,194
Blujay 175,635
--------------- Wagglepop 56,620
Plunderhere 24,856
HiBidder 7,328
Ewaey 4,488
Wensy 3,800
YourHighBid 2,499
ESTIMATE-Mo's AlsoShop 70 (traffic is composed of 60 sellers plus gawkers from TT, PSU, TCH)
So the only way to sell is independent stores??? It would seem to me that diversifying would give better exposure and better results.
[quote author=UBC BD link=topic=9139.msg69447#msg69447 date=1209113305]
So the only way to sell is independent stores??? [/quote]

Not at all.  I'm just saying that the average PSU/OAI forum poster's focus on auction sites (eBay clones) is killing their sales because there are other channels with far more traffic (fixed price venues, classifieds, etc.).  The traffic numbers in that chart should be a wakeup call that the ecommerce world outside of the handful of posters on OAI forums isn't searching for the next eBay. None of the sites above the 'boinktard dividing line' on that chart (with the exception of Ubid and eBay itself) are auction sites.  Sellers who are looking to expand beyond eBay are missing out on a huge market when they put the bulk of their efforts/time into listing on the 'eBay alt auction' sites instead of focusing on the channels where the majority of buyers do their shopping.

EDIT:
Quote:It would seem to me that diversifying would give better exposure and better results.

Diversifying is good.  Spending your time diversifying to a site like YHB or HB or ASS, etc where you get virtually no exposure to buyers because there is no traffic isn't good because your time could be put to better use by spending it diversifying to the channels where you will get much better exposure.

Which 2 sellers do you think are making the better use of their time and will get better exposure (and are likely to get more sales):

Seller A spends 7 days uploading 19,000 dropship items to Wagglepop (this seller really exists)--a site with 56,000 monthly visitors
or
Seller B who spends 7 days uploading the same 19,000 dropship items to Pricegrabber Storefronts--a site with 4,770,000 monthly visitors.
or
Seller C spends 7 days uploading 8,000 dropship items to HiBidder (this seller really exists too, hee hee)--a site with 7,300 monthly visitors
or
Seller D who spends 7 days uploading the same 8,000 dropship items to Pricegrabber Storefronts--a site with 4,770,000 monthly visitors

The simplified version of Amy's rantings  Smile

Sellers need to change their eBaycentric (or auctioncentric) way of thinking, a way of thinking that is reinforced by many OAI forums, if they want to make a 100% break from eBay and earn the same income off eBay that they used to make selling on eBay.  The average OAI forum poster has yet to do that.
Breaking Alsoshop news: Admin changed her user ID to Mojavelyn last night. :Smile

PS AlsoShop's forum is must reading for all sellers--You won't find any discussion of trivial topics that don't really matter like buying or selling that other seller forums focus on.  What you will find is a ton of answers to the topic that is of the utmost importance to all sellers "How do I add a banner to my forum signature". 

Confusedarcasm1:
Quote:You won't find any discussion of trivial topics that don't really matter like buying or selling that other seller forums focus on.  What you will find is a ton of answers to the topic that is of the utmost importance to all sellers "How do I add a banner to my forum signature". 

Laughing4

Mo koolaide drinkers........ Smileykoolaid 
[quote author=amy link=topic=9139.msg69459#msg69459 date=1209128652]
PS AlsoShop's forum is must reading for all sellers--You won't find any discussion of trivial topics that don't really matter like buying or selling that other seller forums focus on.  What you will find is a ton of answers to the topic that is of the utmost importance to all sellers "How do I add a banner to my forum signature". 
Confusedarcasm1:
[/quote]

That isn't the only important issue they discuss!!!!!

forum poster topic=site mascot?? Wrote:Site mascot??
Wondering if the site will have a mascot, here on the forums at least..?
the backstabbing boinktard formerly known as Admin Wrote:Will entertain suggestions!!!

When I was dreaming this... I thought of an ocelot.. they were the pet to have of the 60s jetset era. Remember Honey West?

Oceleot is on the endangered species list, sought for their fur, the smaller of the big cats and is a North American cat.
forum poster Wrote:AlsoLot the Osocot...mmmmmmmmm
is the poster looking at the same site that I am because ASS is one of the ugliest sites I've had the misfortune of visiting and the name SUCKS???? Wrote:The site name and general design are beautiful so it should be a beautiful mascot...
the animal hater and proponent of clubbing baby seals formerly known as Admin Wrote:Well, you use animals for what they are intended for... take cows or deer... meat = Food.

now you have the left over hide... clothing, shoes.

the hooves, horns and bones... combs, eating utensils, decorations.

The native americans had over 300 uses for buffalo. They didn't waste any of it.

Rabbit is the same.. you can eat rabbit, squirrel, oppossum... possum is greasy, but edible. And you have the fur for whatever.

Seal meat... same.

Mink (you might be ale to eat mink.. its a rodent) and Ocelot have no food value qualities.
http://www.alsoshop.com/community/showthread.php?t=32
Deliver us from boinktards.  BangHead
Quote:That isn't the only important issue they discuss!!!!!

How can you read all that obnoxious drivel??  I tried. I managed  1 page of that thread before I clicked off. Tongue2

I HATE people who think that seal clubbing is okay! Angryfire

Quote:Quote from: is the poster looking at the same site that I am because ASS is one of the ugliest sites I've had the misfortune of visiting and the name SUCKS?Huh

It is really, really ugly, lol. It looks like a very ugly Zen cart, actually!  Big Grin      (And the merchandise has no appeal.)
Quote:It looks like a very ugly Zen cart, actually!

The first thing I thought of when I saw it was the hideous default Zen Cart template.  Laughing7 The default Zen template looks better though.

Moving on to Plunderhere...PH has a new video.  PH's forum posters are singing its praises and PH's owner hasn't raised any objections to the video. Mo also never objected to any of the previous PH videos which all suffered from the same problem that this one does - proving that both Mo and Mark are clueless morons and aren't even qualified to run a lemonade stand.  If someone had made this promotional video for my site I would tell them to remove it from everywhere they had uploaded it to and to remove my site's name from it immediately. 

Common010 Contest time  Common010
Here's the video.  Watch and listen to the PH promotional video and see if you can figure out why I wouldn't want this video used to promote my commercial website.   The first person to figure out the reason wins a really neat prize.  I'll give you a hint:  the answer is two words, the first word starts with c.