TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: PlunderHere and AlsoShop: A Web of Privacy Violations, Backstabbing, and Deceit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
12 days.

:popcorneaters:

[quote author=xwpopper link=topic=9139.msg74195#msg74195 date=1238204265]
According to the PH Faithful...
"Yes- They are doing maintenance  and redoing the site.
Apparently is taking longer than they  expected to take"

My bet is that it will be at least April 3.
I guess those sellers will have to find somewhere else to make their $18/month.
[/quote]

Boy, I need to re-take my statistics course from college!
I should have known it would be at least two weeks based on past trends, figures, and variables!

13 days.

Quote:Pardon me. I misspoke. Plunderhere.com and Plunderserve.com are in fact on the same server. Confused admist the 10k+ other domains I own. When setting up Marks initial server, that domain was used at the time vs the other available PH domains. The 4 other available domains for PH are still sitting idle over on my own name servers. Not that it really matters.
;D
You would think that a smart businessman would have at least 2 of those "10k+ other domains" be probidv6mods.net and probidscripts.net, since those are his main business.
Bidz.co.uk member August 2007 Wrote:What really gets to me about this type of situation is the cavalier attitude of whoever now owns the site. At the very least they could have sent an email to their members - not a big task and other sites seem able to manage it. I should imagine people who have stores there are hopping mad.
Bidz.co.uk member August 2007 Wrote:Amazingly after an absence of well over a month the site has popped back into existence without explanation, apology or comment! Meanwhile any goodwill it might have developed must surely have evaporated with the four winds.
Bidz.co.uk user August 2007 Wrote:I joined as a buyer not as seller, which was just as well because the site completely disappeared from view for well over a month. It would not load and all you got was various messages which told you nothing about what the root problem was.
http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...l#msg69159

(Marktard) History repeats itself.  I predict a reopening on May 1st.
Quote:Hope you had a backup file for your listings so you can move them to another  that will vanish next month.

Happy001
Tonight's top ten:
Mark's top ten reasons for the 2 1/2 week PH downtime.
10. We use the same bulklister as 95% of the other rinky dink sites. Just copy your stuff somewhere else, and check back later.
9. It's a broken link. Have you ever seen a chain with a broken link? OK, now you get it.
8. We can't charge fees to you since no one else does, so we couldn't pay the $70 server lease.
7. An amateur programmer screwed it up.
6. We accidentally redirected to our 404 page, and forgot how to change it back.
5. We were preparing for Passover; You know, a big holiday in Malaysia.
4. Umm... remember that big sale Safeway had on Pistachios last month? I was one of the two who got sick, and I kind of dropped some crumbs in the keyboard. Poor Dell-ie has been sick all week.
3. We have been targeted for an investigation due to the sale of Nazi memorabilia. If only I had listened to those (tulip)tools.
2. The site was lost in the midst of the knockoffs my Malaysian buddies listed.
.... Drum Roll ....
.... And the number 1 reason for the 17 day PH downtime....
1. At least we didn't get hit by some Chinese hacker gang again!
And on the 19th day, Mark said "Let there be light."

How many sellers at PH have abandoned their stores? My guess is that since 9 months have past aftre the script change and 19,000 items (27%) haven't found their way into the proper categories from the "Imported Items" that at least another 25% of the site's listings will not have an owner.
And, a link to the last item bid on before the one itsy bitsy teenie weenie link broke the site for 19 days.

http://www.plunderhere.com/auction_detai..._id=872435
From our one and only Tuliptools Nazi member. Sign10
Holy Cow:
Quote:3/9
Well the time has come for us to update this script to a much more dynamic platform.

It will still be Probid but with a lot more features and added security
and enhanced ID verification methods. It will also ultimately lead us
into adding our own payment gateway as well as offering a secure  escrow service this year as the development is well under way.

Some major changes in fees, basically, we will drop almost all fees
and amend and reduce our final value fees too.
Also we will revise how stores are charged and come up with a simple
and clean way to operate these including some good advertising for
you all.

It will involve a bit of work for you as users, when we upgrade we
are adding shorter URL's for your stores and affiliate links, at the
moment these links are lengthy and we will combine the two into
a small and effective URL for you to easily promote and easier for
SEO to pick up.
We feel this trade off is very small considering the huge advanced
benefits coming your way.

Listings will drop a bit and then pick up as we now suspend users  who do not pay their fees or offer inappropriate listings, a big clean
up is well overdue as we want quality, not quantity on Plunderhere.

The changes will be either this week or next, so be advised on  some downtime as we go into maintenance mode as soon as  possible.[/][/]
[][]
Point 1: There was no announcement of downtime, and the downtime wasn't even close to being considered just "some downtime."
Point 2: It's the same platform.
Point 3: No users were suspended during all the downtime.
Point 4: Who in the hell would trust their info for a PH payment gateway or Escrow service after being down repeatedly for weeks at a time?

I'd be livid on PH. I know no one makes a living there, but I know many do sell a couple hundred bucks or more a month and depended on it (even the Nazi fella.) And the one question that all mods have now read, "What the heck happened?" does not even have a single reply.[/]
Quote:It will also ultimately lead us
into adding our own payment gateway as well as offering a secure  escrow service this year as the development is well under way.

That's a frightening thought. :blinkie:
Quote:And on the 19th day, Mark said "Let there be light."

...except on the PH forum where darkness will prevail for non-members because Marktard made it members only. :Smile

Quote:vBulletin Message

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
PH Team Leader (whatever they are called) on PSU
Quote:he said that fees will be turned off for at least 3 months time
http://www.powersellersunite.com/about26...tml#249632

Either she didn't know what she was talking about, Mark was lying, or he forgot his admin password to go in and perform the most simple Probid function of turning off the fees.
http://www.plunderhere.com/site_fees.php