TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: PlunderHere and AlsoShop: A Web of Privacy Violations, Backstabbing, and Deceit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aww... aren't those "trolls" just so cute!  Happy001
[quote author=amy link=topic=9139.msg72267#msg72267 date=1220455238]
This exchange is even funnier

Alsoshop Mojavelyn Wrote:Shoo Yourself. This is ONA's thread.
PSU user Wrote:Then why is Ray's Flunky here, are you involved in ONA?
Ray Binarywebs Probidv6mods.com Wrote:What are you, 12? Grow up - And keep my name out your mouth.
[/quote]

Happy001

They are terminally stupid, and they so remind me of some other trolls that we know.  :Smile

[quote author=amy link=topic=9139.msg72267#msg72267 date=1220455238]

Ray Binarywebs Probidv6mods.com Wrote:And keep my name out your mouth.
[/quote]

Oh, I like that one!  I may want to use something similar at times.
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=9139.msg72272#msg72272 date=1220465177]
http://www.powersellersunite.com/viewtopic.php?t=21516

Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
[/quote]

I was laughing too hard to post anymore after Binarywebs brought up the topic of jealousy in a thread about AlsoShop/Plunderhere.

Binarywebs Wrote:Jealousy is the most sincere form of flattery. Don't envy your peers.
Instead, spend your time trying to reach the plateau of those you so wished you were.

alsoshop sitewide stats Wrote:RECENTLY SOLD
Item #:13947 09/03 $0.75
Item #:13355 09/03 $0.35
Item #:12037 09/03 $1.00
Item #:9987 09/03 $0.35
Item #:16437 09/02 $6.00
Item #:21498 09/02 $0.80
Item #:19202 09/02 $1.75
Item #:24464 09/02 $2.29
Item #:21250 09/02 $3.39
Item #:23791 09/02 $4.00

Alsoshop had $20 in sitewide sales over a 2 day period.  I'm so jealous of Ray and Mo's success.  I wish I was them! Confusedarcasm1:

I guess I need to update the "trolls" and "jealousy" sections of this chart I posted Monday Happy001

[quote author=amy link=topic=18317.msg72239#msg72239 date=1220279525]
(number of times word appears in articles, posts, etc)

Troll/Trolls:
Internet Retailer: 0/0
GetElastic Ecommerce Blog: 0/0
PSU: 265/325

Jealous/Jealousy:
Internet Retailer 0/0
GetElastic Ecommerce Blog: 0/0
PSU: 111/22

"eBay alternative":
Internet Retailer: 5
GetElastic Ecommerce Blog: 0
PSU: 6,110

"new auction site"
Internet Retailer: 4
GetElastic Ecommerce Blog: 0
PSU: 1,730

The fact that "trolls", "eBay alternatives", and "new auction sites" are rarely, if ever, mentioned in the ecommerce articles on IR and GE should should give you some valuable insight into where not to place your priorities if you want to build a successful ecommerce business...
[/quote]
A related blog post:

Quote:Auction Sites who share, rent, and sell YOUR personal information
http://xbaystores.blogspot.com/2008/09/a...-sell.html

On a related privacy note: Certain members of Plunderhere's STAR Team (who are also sellers on the site) have been given full access to Plunderhere user data and one of them even has access to full backups of the database.

As a seller I wouldn't want my competitors having access to my account information.  My desire to keep my data out of my competitors' hands is one of the reasons my main web store won't be adding the Zen Cart Checkout by Amazon mod anytime soon.

EDIT: another Plunder/also/binary related post:
http://xbaystores.blogspot.com/2008/08/n...st-to.html

[quote author=amy link=topic=9139.msg72276#msg72276 date=1220476629]
A related blog post:

Quote:Auction Sites who share, rent, and sell YOUR personal information
http://xbaystores.blogspot.com/2008/09/a...-sell.html

On a related privacy note: Certain members of Plunderhere's STAR Team (who are also sellers on the site) have been given full access to Plunderhere user data and one of them even has access to full backups of the database.

As a seller I wouldn't want my competitors having access to my account information.  My desire to keep my data out of my competitors' hands is one of the reasons my main web store won't be adding the Zen Cart Checkout by Amazon mod anytime soon.

EDIT: another Plunder/also/binary related post:
http://xbaystores.blogspot.com/2008/08/n...st-to.html
[/quote]

Not bad music there either Wink
pathetic defined Wrote:Item #:38995  09/04  $21.79
Item #:28659 09/04 $2.00
Item #:13945 09/04 $0.65
Item #:32273 09/04 $5.50
Item #:27947 09/03 $4.80
Item #:13947 09/03 $0.75
Item #:13355 09/03 $0.35
Item #:12037 09/03 $1.00
Item #:9987 09/03 $0.35
Item #:16437 09/02 $6.00

There were 5 sales totaling $7.25 yesterday on MoPuppet's entire site? Happy001

As a buyer and a Seller at multiple auction sites I am just going to say this--

You can email me all you want, I just don't care. I do care about sales. No matter where I post at online.

Whether you are a site owner, or a vendor at one of these sites, your actions here on these boards speak volumes about yourself as a vendor, owner, and person supposidly being in the ecommerce world.
I certainly won't  recommend anyone to these vendors, or sites after seeing the kind of professionalism shown here.  Your words are posted out there to be seen by everyone, including potential business ventures, and it's your own personal reputation at stake by the things that you chose to type on a public board.  It's a shame that I recognize Several
by the actions shown, and a board name does not hide the behaviors shown.

If you are a Site owner, that ought to tell you why you are not having sales or profit.
if you are a vendor, do you want sales run off by others that choose to run off at the mouth
and try to walk in someone elses shoes for that moment?

I will openly say that I don't always like how a site may be run, but I am interested in sales, bottom line. But seeing several bash bash bash turns me off from purchasing from members, and in turn, hurts the site owners, for no income coming in by sales.

That's my 2 cents.

[quote author=auctiongal link=topic=9139.msg72284#msg72284 date=1220567505]
As a buyer and a Seller at multiple auction sites I am just going to say this--

You can email me all you want, I just don't care. I do care about sales. No matter where I post at online.

Whether you are a site owner, or a vendor at one of these sites, your actions here on these boards speak volumes about yourself as a vendor, owner, and person supposidly being in the ecommerce world.
I certainly won't  recommend anyone to these vendors, or sites after seeing the kind of professionalism shown here.  Your words are posted out there to be seen by everyone, including potential business ventures, and it's your own personal reputation at stake by the things that you chose to type on a public board.  It's a shame that I recognize Several
by the actions shown, and a board name does not hide the behaviors shown.

If you are a Site owner, that ought to tell you why you are not having sales or profit.
if you are a vendor, do you want sales run off by others that choose to run off at the mouth
and try to walk in someone elses shoes for that moment?

I will openly say that I don't always like how a site may be run, but I am interested in sales, bottom line. But seeing several bash bash bash turns me off from purchasing from members, and in turn, hurts the site owners, for no income coming in by sales.

That's my 2 cents.

[/quote]
Sorry everyone, I going to go off topic for a minute...

Welcome to Tuliptools Auctiongal.

As you have posted, there is a lot of negativity toward a few so called "eBay Alternative" sites. There are reasons for this.
90% of the posters in these threads have a lot of history with those same sites. I like to call them "wannabethenextebayalternativefailure.com" sites. These are the ones that are discussed in the most length about their BS. They are a waste of time for all sellers, because they are typically run by:

1. Failed eBay sellers who can't sell anything, therefore they try to make money off other's sales.

2. Control hungry, iron fisted (my way or the highway) failed eBay sellers who believe they are the God of all auction sites.
2 Prime examples of #1 & #2
Mo from Alsoshop/Plunderhere with 95 total feedback since 2004.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=mojavelyn
Ray from Wagglepop with less than 2300 feedback from selling cutout pages of magazines since 2000:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=printed442

3. Completely clueless "eBay alternative" sellers who really believe they can beat eBay from their bedroom computer like the "owners" of the sites they sell on, with a $200 script and a $6/month webhost.

4. Misguided eBay sellers who think they can offer a real alternative, that just becomes another seller to seller site flooded with thrift store junk.

5. Liars, cheats, and con artists, who say they are really doing good, but are really just trying to achieve #1 & #2.

Then there are the true lost causes, such as Mark from Plunderhere, who owned Bidz UK and transferred the entire database of members to his Plunderhere.eu script, and referred to his site as "Auctionquests" in the privacy policy (Owned by the next guy); Binarywebs of Alsoshop.com, Auctionpimp.com, Auctionquests.com, Truck-parts-auctions.com, Auctionnews.org, Sportsfanauctions.com, Plunderhere.com, Probidv6mods.com (where he sells bug ridden PHPProbid mods that he doesn't even realize there are problems with because he bought them secondhand from a freelancer) and countless other sites he hosts on his cheap server host, and harvests IP addresses (including mine) from any site he performs "Tech Guy" work on; Rich from Hibidder, although I have never dealt with him, I know enough not to since he can't add a $15 SSL certificate to his site, but he can upload a hacked (non-licensed) Myspace clone script and call it his community.

Then, there are those that could have been something with the right guidance, but failed at some point miserably. You won't find as much talk about them, because at least they started out in the right direction:
Bidville - corporate backed, closed this year
OnlineAuction - Run by an owner too greedy to invest some of the $150K in founding memberships he sold this year into marketing
IOffer - Could contend as a true eBay alternative if they would clean all the fraud and counterfeits off the site.
Ebid - Too interested in global expansion to build it's base

Then, there are a true alternative selling sites and shopping engines to eBay, which you can find plenty of forums that positively discuss:
Amazon
Pricegrabber
NewEggMall
Buy Marketplace
Media sites like Alibris, A1Marketplace, AbeBooks, etc.
Etsy
NexTag
Pronto
craigslist
And many, many more.

I guess what I am trying to say is that the list of "eBay alternative" auction sites are a waste. That is why you see so many negative posts whenever someone visits to spam these threads with "Come Visit...", which sets it off. Then, they return and go for days until someone does it again. Or, it may be a blatant lie from a site owner, or horrible site problems like the one in this thread, Plunderhere, and Alsoshop which is owned and operated by the 2 biggest online auction cons you'll ever find.
The sellers who use these sites find little, to no success anywhere but eBay and return usually within months to them, because they just followed a link from a spam post at PSU to the next big thing in auction sites. That is why so many become active in these threads. We have done it, now maybe you won't have to.

With all that said, I hope you find a good venue to settle with where you can sell products and be successful. If not, come back and someone will help you find your business' new home.