TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Anita Bashes Ebay Users, Attacks Ebay, and Chit Chats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: folks who post about eBay glitches described as negative and folks who nasty kangaroo about folks posting about eBay glitches described as positive.

eBay would agree with that assessment.  Postcards showed up at about the time St. Elsewhere fever was at its height...

Quote:The socially acceptable gang attack from all the "nice people" is the thing that is getting my dander up.  I don't like that kind of thing.  Never have, and probably never will.

The only way to deal with a racist (Postcards), a bully (Postcards), someone who intentionally says things to hurt people that he knows are emotionally vulnerable (Postcards) is to fight back hard and give them a (double) dose of their own medicine.  Racist assholes and bullies who intentionally hurt others to boost their own ego deserve no sympathy.

Quote:I too tend to take up for the underdog, but I see postcards the bad as a bully, not an underdog.

So do I. The fact that Postcards is outnumbered doesn't make him an underdog-- just like the fact that hate groups like the KKK are outnumbered doesn't make them an underdog.  There's a big difference being being an underdog and being one of the few scumbags in a roomful of good people.  Postcards fits into the latter category: one of the few scumbags in the room.  You cheer underdogs--you fight back against scumbags.
Bully and cruel are correct.  Thanks for the right adjectives, ironchick.  And xpp is right about the koolaid plants...I've seen some of their posts, and they are placed there to *shout down* any unwanted discussions that are happening -- which is pretty easy to do. 

Patrice's humorous complaints were shouted down very heftily a few weeks ago, and I haven't seen her on the boards since.  Anyone know anything?

You can pretty well liken the bully to a dude at an important gathering who slaps a guest every 15 minutes or so -- then backs off and says 'Hey, I'm just trying to knock some good sense into the idiots and it's for their own good, but, okay, okay, I'll be nice' -- and continues to keep slapping every so often and disrupting the gathering. Folks who've been slapped or don't like to see the abuse going on just start leaving.  Whadda you do?  Protect his right to free speech abuse and slap?  Or bounce him out?

Unfortunately, no one is going to bounce him out -- especially lieworld or ebay. 

It's working for eBay.  It takes the focus on the Stores Board off the fact that their product isn't working worth a wombat poo poo right now.
Exactly!!
Quote:It's working for eBay.  It takes the focus on the Stores Board off the fact that their product isn't working worth a wombat poo poo right now.

Bingo.
It's called wagging the dog.

The koolaid plants are there in full force to do what you just said star.

To get folks to just start leaving.

That is exactly what ebay wants.

When posters talk about the REAL issues it is bad PR for ebay.

The way ebay handles things using lieworld plants
makes it even worst. IMO

Do they really think any of us will EVER forget the way they
have treated us customers using undercover mods to screw with us?

I know I'll never forget and bad mouth the LSOS known as ebay
every chance I get everywhere I go and to anyone who will listen.

If I could get those frauds lieworld hires in a room I would bitch slap
every single one of them.  :blinkie:
Vital,
You don't HAVE to share anyone's viewpoint.  To each their own.  BUT does that mean you wouldn't mind if someone said the stuff you sell is garbage, you are stupid, etc., etc.

To no one in particular,
On a side note, what IS the deal with people being ticked off at Andy?  If people don't want to read his posts about his family life or troubles... skip over them.  If people didn't want to donate to the pay it forward thing frogs started... then don't.  A few times Andy has given Postcards some of his own medicine... nothing more.  So, he isn't perfect.  Who the heck is?!
And Donnie... he got tired of the tone of the board and he spouted off about it.  Who cares?!  He is entitled to his opinion.  Unless I missed something, did he rag on anyone in particular?

I don't have to agree with everyone and everthing that gets posted... and neither does anyone else.  Bottom line is showing respect to each other.  That's my pollyanna opinion. 
Quote:On a more specific level, the posts I saw that he made to joeeaglefeather and frogs were just indefensible.    There is no humor in the racism and cruelty he exhibited in those posts.

I don't ebay, I don't know postcards, joeeaglefeather, or frogs-but if this postcards gets his kicks from spewing racial insults and hurting people who are down, she/he needs to be enrolled in a compulsory sterilization program so it doesn't pass its mutant genes down to a new generation. In My (never) Humble Opinion. Hope this helped.  Smile
Would you like to go to a party not realizing that you looked like a stuffed sausage in the dress you were wearing.  I'd rather have my spouse give me the head's up.

So how about if hubby said you looked like a fat fucking cow and are stupid to even think otherwise?

How about if he offered this opinion when you didn't ask?

What if he knew you had a weight problem and were diligently working on it but still made the comment above?

What if he threw in an ethnic slur or two just for good measure? 

I know one thing for sure. If I had posted half the ugly crap that Postcards had posted, I would have been thrown out on my head, and deservably so. He/she is a demented fool who deserved to be ganged up on. Especially by "nice" people. It's one thing to be blunt. It's quite another thing to be cruel, which Postcards has been on numerous occassions, even when there was no opinion being asked.

It's quite convenient to have an ugly comment pulled and then make everyone else look bad. I can't say whether that's an intentional game plan or not. However, I don't know how anyone who visits the board could have missed enough of the pathological statements that IT makes to know what I'm talking about. I quit visiting the Powersellers board, for the most part, even before losing my PS status because the Postcard mentality seemed to be the norm there. The only time I visit the Stores board now is when a specific thread is called to my attention.

There was basically one thing that I tried to instill in my kids over and above everything else. Don't be mean. Everything else was secondary to that. Growing up, I knew bullies who were funny. But they usually got their laughs at the expence of others. I know that there are many people in show business who have made money on this type of humor (such as Howard Stern). I'd hate to be on his shitlist. I prefer the humor of someone like Jon Stewart, who I think makes even his "targets" laugh. He seems to find the irony in a situation rather than exploiting one's weak spot.

Anyway, that's my rant for the day.
Quote:For me this is bringing up a lot of thoughts about Wagglepop.  I was seen as "Postcards" back then when I dared to question King Ray, and to this day, I'll always respect Ginger for being the one person, in fact the only person, who didn't gang up on me, and even offerred a viewpoint that tried to help people lighten up.
Not the same thing, Vital.  You were questioning the owner of wagglepop (as most ebay rabblerousers question the owner/management of ebay).  You were not interjecting yourself into other posters' conversations and taking potshots at the individuals on the boards -- calling them mindless idiots.  NOT THE SAME THING !! 
Quote:It's quite another thing to be cruel

That's Postcards.  He sets his sights on people he knows are having a tough time and goes in for the kill because he knows the people can't/won't put up an equal fight. Bully defined and someone gets hurt.  When you hit a person who is already down like he has done the blow is twice as cruel.

There's a difference between hurling insults at someone who is vulnerable (example Postcards and Frogs) and two people on an even footing hurling insults at each other (example the insults Cowboy Jay and I have exchanged).  In the first example the weaker person is hurt.  In the second example both sides brush off the words and no one is hurt.

Quote:if someone were to see Postcards in person, and hear his tone and body language, they'd take him differently.

When you strike at someone online whose real life is in a mess, the online insults can have a real life effect on the already hurting recipient of your insult. Postcards has done that, and knowing that he has intentionally done that, if I met him in person I wouldn't like him.

Quote:can destroy a board really quick

I don't care about boards being destroyed, but I do care about people being hurt by someone like Postcards.

I'm babbling but to sum it up: Postcards is a dick.  Smile

Postcards has been posting some nicer things lately, but he can be mean most of the time.  But sometimes He/She is just straight forward also.