TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Anita Bashes Ebay Users, Attacks Ebay, and Chit Chats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm going to take a reallllllllllllly wild guess based on the dozen or so threads joeeagle started on the Stores board tonight and say that P4S and SLIIQUE aren't on his Christmas card list.  ;D
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=2527.msg16827#msg16827 date=1151547690]
[quote author=Anita link=topic=2527.msg16825#msg16825 date=1151546979]
P4S postcards4sale is pro eBay an Confusedmileyazwipe:[/quote]
[/quote]

Ditto times 10!!! Thumbsup

[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=2527.msg16834#msg16834 date=1151556269]
I'm going to take a reallllllllllllly wild guess based on the dozen or so threads joeeagle started on the Stores board tonight and say that P4S and SLIIQUE aren't on his Christmas card list.  ;D
[/quote]

Lol, and since Slique is in to retaliation, should be fun. Toothy9
There's are a lot of  Confusedmileyazwipe: over there.
Some paid and some too stupid to see they are being used for FREE by ebay.
Happy001
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=2527.msg16834#msg16834 date=1151556269]
[/quote]

Joe slams me using one ID and pats me on the back using another.  He's a tough one to figure out... or he needs to go back on his meds.

Anita said:
Quote:he needs to go back on his meds.

I vote for that option. ;D
On another note, would somebody, anybody, PLEASE start some controversy on the SB?!! It is so frickin boring I want to blow it up!

Tongue2
BBH on eBay Stores Board
Quote:The smaller venues as a rule aren't any better at driving traffic to their venues than small website owners are at driving traffic to their websites (and they tend to lag far behind websites in attracting buyers since their owner's focus is on convincing sellers to join).

When you consider that the minimal traffic small venues do attract must be divided up by 100s of sellers, the actual traffic each seller receives to their own items on a small venue is far far less than what the average website owner gets.

While the Alexa traffic ratings are far from being the most reliable, you can sometimes get a general picture of whether a venue is getting any traffic: i.e. if you see auction sites ranked 350,000 or malls ranked 4.2 million you're probably correct in assuming buyer traffic is minimal to non-existent and the average seller is unlikely to get many sales...which is fine if the seller doesn't mind not eating or not paying the bills.

If the seller does like eating, they should skip the "venue route" and open their own website, whether it be a ShopPal/Volusion/MonsterCommerce pre-fab hosted option (ps: if you can setup/run an eBay store you have what it takes to setup a pre-fab) or a XCart/osCommerce/Zen cart on their own site.

There are 1000s of sellers who can pay all of their bills from what they make on their websites...however, there are not 1000s or even 100s of sellers who can pay all (or even the majority) of their bills from the sales they receive from 3rd tier "venues". If you're a full time seller your best bet for significant sales is a website. If you're happy with 1 or 2 sales per month and don't really need money or food than a small venue might be OK Smile

Back to topic: of the pre-fab hosted shopping carts my top choices are: at the higher end Volusion, Make-A-Store (Heavy Metal),MonsterCommerce and at the lower end ShopPal. If you sell more than a handful of items I'd avoid CityMax due to their lack of a site search .

Todd - This is a FANTASTIC post. THANKS!!! There is so much  :poopbanaana: out there is is hard for a novice to plow through it. You and your fellow TT crusaders  Transport012 have helped me more than you know. This is the kind of straight forward post that many good sellers need to read. Cool that F&F showed up too.

I wanted to save it in case the thread goes  Signs020 Signs020 I'm still mad I didn't grab that funny post a few weeks ago. Kim

Quote:You and your fellow TT crusaders have helped me more than you know.

Signs064
I've reluctantly decided to pass up this opportunity, and throw it out for my friends on this forum.  Looks to be a really lucrative deal, so I truly hope someone here can take advantage....  :Smile

[b]From:  Fredrick Williams
Subject:  URGENT !!

Private / Highly Confidential

Subject Matter: Invitation to Act as Next-of-Kin I write this letter
in confidence, believing that it will reach you in high spirit and I
believe you will maintain the level of confidence and trust that
matters in a transaction of this nature. Before proceeding, I wish to
introduce myself. I am Mr Fredrick Williams personal account to late
Mr Mark Larson. I would appreciate your assistance. The Proposal: A
Citizen of your country, Late Mr Mark Larson, an oil merchant and
contractor .who On the 31st of October 1999, was involved in a ghastly
auto accident along Shagamu Express Road ,unfortunately, all occupants
of the vehicle lost their lives.

He operated a domiciliary account with First Atlantic bank plc and had
a closing balance as at the end of September 2004 amounting to
$5,000000 ( five million United States Dollars )since his death,the
bank now expects a next of kin as beneficiary,but since there has been
none,the Bank now wants to use the funds to sponsor wars in waring
African countries.It is because of the perceived possibility of not
being able to locate any of Late Mr Mark Larson's next of kin, since
he was never married until the accident, that i am contacting you.I
have succeeded in putting everything together and the bank has finally
come to agree with me that he has a next of kin/beneficiary who does
not bear his name.

If you agree to stand as his next of kin,i can arrange all the
necessary document and proves that you the rightful beneficiary to the
funds.I have secured from a High Court an order of mandamus to locate
any of the deceased beneficiary. I am assuring you that this
transaction is risk free.
Once the fund is moved to your nominated account, you will be entitle
to 40%. while the restwill be for me . If you are interested i would
like you to give me the following information.

Name.................................
Nationality........................
Occupation........................
Phone number.................
Sex......................................
Age...................................

As soon as you show your interest to assist me in this transaction,
please call mail me on me personal email address: f.wills@yahoo.es or
better still call me on +234-802-097-4280 for further discussion.

Yours Faithfully,
Mr Fredrick Williams

Big Grin

Big Grin I'll get right on that. He'll be so disappointed that you didn't "maintain the level of confidence and trust that
matters in a transaction of this nature".