TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Anita Bashes Ebay Users, Attacks Ebay, and Chit Chats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think Marty advocates using Best Offer on higher-priced items -- especially collectible type stuff.  Can't see it working on the lowest priced widgets, as ironchick discovered... Tongue
Nope.  Certainly not for the penny books.  It was just easier to add it to everything, though, since it was automated and I never thought anyone would actually make me an offer on a penny book.

I had an $8 offer on a $20 book last night.  (Do folks actually accept these low ball offers?) 

Beth, now pom pom less . . . .
Triathlete? I'm impressed. I used to have a store in Hawi, Hawaii, right at the biking turnaround spot. Did you race there?
Wow . . . I'm impressed.  :-)  (I love the Big Island.)

I'm not fast enough to qualify for Kona (or lucky enough to win a lottery slot). As long as I don't slow down over the next 40 years, I should be able to qualify as an 80 year old. Smile
I ran the Honolulu Marathon back in '85. No way I could swim and bike after that. Then I hung up my running shoes.
I was hooked after my first marathon.  I LOVE running.  I enjoy cycling.  I swim because they make you if you want to do a triathlon.  :-\
[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=2527.msg12746#msg12746 date=1145589215]
Anyway, I never dreamed someone would make me an offer on a penny book but someone just did.  

What . . . would they want to pay more?

Uh, no.   

They want me to give them the book and cut 50 cents off my shipping. 

I won't be playing this game anymore. 

[/quote]

Happy001
[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=2527.msg12746#msg12746 date=1145589215]
Anyway, I never dreamed someone would make me an offer on a penny book but someone just did. 

What . . . would they want to pay more?

Uh, no.   

They want me to give them the book and cut 50 cents off my shipping. 

I won't be playing this game anymore. 

[/quote]

Hmmm.  Yes I believe you just 'won' the record for the lowest of the low best offers.  :o  Congratulations!  ;D
Do I get a prize??  Big Grin

There is never a dull moment in retail... whether online or off.

I was in a triathlon once.  Smoking, boozing, and dancing on tables.