TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Anita Bashes Ebay Users, Attacks Ebay, and Chit Chats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:p4sale-you really take the cake. If your wife likes "garbage" (spicy, racy) romance novels, there's a pretty good chance there's a husband performance issue behind it.

:blinkie: Happy001  Toothy10
Sounds like P4S needs a new pair of socks.  Tongue
While I am rambling...

Jerry Lewis must have taken a miracle pill!!!  He looks sooooooooo much better since I saw him last.  I'm referring to the telethon.
Ebay:

Had my very first international sale today! To a Brit in Fife.  Kind of exciting.  Big Grin She still wanted the item even tho it cost her $55 to ship it across the Atlantic!  (what a rip-off)  She's paying full price, did not consider making an offer.  Looks like I'll have to subsidize the shipping if I want a signature delivery, and upgrade to Global Express.  That's okay, it's kewl.  Smile  She's never bought from the US before, and I've never sold overseas before, so this should be interesting from a Sign5  point of view...

Had little sale yesterday, too.  Instead of starting the auction at $xx, he paid $5 more with a BIN.  That's kewl, too! It's already in the mail.

I'm just experimenting with a few different methods of selling to see what might work, and I DID think the little sale might happen, instead of the auction being starated.  I am surprised at the other one, tho. 

September has always been decent for artworks, it seems.  Just gotta make an effort -- and it's awful hard to get excited about ebay selling, and it's awful hard to not be reallllllllly tight with the wallet when listing, too.  Very expensive unless I sell high $ items.  Tongue1
Did the person pay via PayPal?  Overseas and PayPal always made me nervous on large dollar items... or large dollar shipping on items. 

I'm not trying to rain on your parade... reallllly.  I wish you THE BEST!
[quote author=Anita link=topic=2527.msg22278#msg22278 date=1157337666]
Updated picture of Leonard:

[/quote]

Laughing7
No payment has been made yet.  I'm reading up on the USPS stuff regarding UK mailings. Dawn is arising over on the Isle of Brits, and I need to get some info and questions to her.  I would like her to use Moneybookers or International Postal Money Order.  However, USPS states under their UK Country rules that an Int'l Postal Money Order is NOT AVAILABLE in the UK !! 

Hey, TT Team -- is this right?  If so, how can that be??

Also, have decided to eat a few dollars and send this Global Express.  3-5 day delivery, $100 insurance included, tracking and signature delivery included.  Global Parcel Post has none of that, and I would like a signature for peace of mind  (and by the time I added Return Receipt and Insurance, it would cost just about the same anyways.)  I'll use DSI online insurance to cover the rest of the value + shipping costs.

Mandy, or anyone from the TT team:  Any suggestions or alerts here?

Edit:  Nevermind, I'm answering my own question.  Int'l MO's are a dinosaur of the past, except for non-descript countries and Canada and Japan.  I just re-registered with the new BidPay for international/domestic use.  That gives two options for int'l buyers other than PP, and more fraud protection for ME than PP gives.
PC4 is at it again and takes a low blow (REAL low).  Laughing7

He bumps up a thread just to raise h*ll:
Quote:I still need to know how to contact her. I wanted to add to the wardrobe of my pet worm. I think chunky was one with a nice variety of worm water bowls and sweaters and small chains so I can take my worm for a walk. Let me know.

And this is what he gets:
Quote:They don't make those small enough to fit your worm.

Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
Quote: USPS states under their UK Country rules that an Int'l Postal Money Order is NOT AVAILABLE in the UK !! 

That's right. No money orders.

There's always Western Union money transfers.  Smile (I actually have had buyers in Indonesia and Italy pay by Western Union -including $1500 for a painting going to Italy and $300 for toy cars to Indonesia).

Quote:PC4 is at it again

Chunky has been gone for over 9 months and he's still obsessed with her?  :Smile
I think he posts to create angst and havoc, just so he can get a 'rise'...  Tongue