TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Anita Bashes Ebay Users, Attacks Ebay, and Chit Chats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[quote author=cranky_hippie link=topic=2527.msg18216#msg18216 date=1153417170]
To change the subject a bit:

Is it just me or are there some incredibly stupid people on the stores board??? Getting hit over the head with a baseball bat wouldn't make an impression on some of them.  Tongue2
[/quote]

Folks have a really hard time letting go of their dream and their hard work and the community.  Unfortunately, that's what ebay execs count on to pay for their huge multi-million dollar salaries.

I'll run some auctions.  I won't reopen a store.  Shoot me first.
Quote:Folks have a really hard time letting go of their dream and their hard work and the community.  Unfortunately, that's what ebay execs count on to pay for their huge multi-million dollar salaries.

I agree. That's why I have been all over the board trying to let people know what some of their options are.

Some of them just don't seem to *hear* though. Others just argue.

And then there are the ones who are busy trying to make those folks feel badly about themselves and their businesses.

I think xpp's infamous Lieworld has a couple of "helpers" on board today.
Of course their on boards today.

They go where fires need to be put out.
The bad part of that is they are NOT very good firemen
and keep getting their hoses stuck up their own a$$es.  Happy001
[quote author=stardust link=topic=2527.msg18217#msg18217 date=1153417392]

Is it just me or are there some incredibly stupid people on the stores board??? Getting hit over the head with a baseball bat wouldn't make an impression on some of them.  Tongue2
[/quote]

Folks have a really hard time letting go of their dream and their hard work and the community.  Unfortunately, that's what ebay execs count on to pay for their huge multi-million dollar salaries.[/quote]

There's some incredibly inexperienced people who have no knowledge of the world beyond eBay. eBay definitely counts on that inexperience to pay its bills and to keep sellers from straying from the site and opening their own websites.  Wagglepoop and other similar sites also draw their members from the same pool...if sellers knew of the other options to selling on eBay they definitely wouldn't be wasting their time on a site that has 4 bids on the entire site.
I think BBH should open a site right here.
Quote:if sellers knew of the other options to selling on eBay they definitely wouldn't be wasting their time on a site that has 4 bids on the entire site.

Wow! Ray is up to 4 bids??? WOOHOO!  Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
They pulled my thread, Cranky. ANd pink-slapped me AGAIN!  :o
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=2527.msg18227#msg18227 date=1153422114]
They pulled my thread, Cranky. ANd pink-slapped me AGAIN!  :o
[/quote]

Not surprised, Belle. The Ebay-lovers are out in force today. I may have pink slaps, as well, but I don't bother to check that email account.  Wink

I am having a productive day. So far I have gone about 4 rounds with a Voice of the Community and several LW plants.  Happy001 Happy001 Happy001

Enjoy it while you can. Tomorrow it's back to work for me.

[/quote]

My thoughts exactly  Wink

cranky_hippie Wrote:Some of them just don't seem to *hear* though. Others just argue.

They hear only what they want.  We call that "selective hearing", my kids are really good at that  lol  Big Grin

Angel  Angel7

You know the best thing any of you can do?

Forget about it.

Let them whine and sit their for months thinking
that somehow they will get ebay to change.

It's NOT going to happen

Many of us have already been down that road.

Move on and realize that as long as the "hold outs" are there.
That's less competition for YOU on the real NET and you have a head start
to get YOUR BRAND out there.